Help! ABS Plastic repair?

OB_John Smith

Registered
Bike was parked on flat, hard dirt covered yard, IN NEUTRAL, I heard a crash, went out to see it lying on the left side. I guess the front wheel slowly flopped, and must've rolled forward a bit. Anyway, now repairing a few several-inch cracks in the fairing- what's best to use on the inner surface- mix-to-set epoxy? JB Weld? Also, the lower left radiator hose heat quard pipe got pushed against the outer left header pipe and fried. What's the normal clearance supposed to be there between the heat shielding and the header- and where can I get some of that stuff. Help! Gotta get fixed in the next couple days before a riding vacation!

Next couple days!!!Call dealer,600Big ones.If you have to make it work,Plastic weld it,or Fusorplatic repair or Fusor heat set.I dont like 3M STUFF, just my preferance.Sounds like a repairable part .Ive already repaired a copper Busa that had the same damage. Dont think JBWELD will work in this case.I can do the repair for you if you want.Cheaper than new part.

Hi John Smith,

Sorry to hear about your bike. I did the same with my bike. Remember to always leave the bike in gear when you lower the side stand.
There is a Suzuki dealer on the board that is giving a great discount to members. I think it's going to cost you about 420 dollars for the side fairing.

Ride Safe, RJ

HI JOHN,

JIM AT SUNRISE IN VIRGINIA SOLD ME THE LEFT SIDE PANEL FOR $408.00 PLUS ABOUT $20 FOR SHIPPING. CALL 1-800-992-0127 AFTER 11:00 A.M. AND ASK FOR JIM.

MIKE

Back