helmets

I've worn an HJC CL14 for a few years and like it except for the lack of good venting. My daughter has a CL15 and loves it. My Scorpion EXO700 is great too.

Go with an Scorpion EXO-1000 Great helmet

EXO_1000.jpg

I have used the Z1R For two years 2006 and 2007. Recently got the Scorpion 700 series because the 1000 series was not available yet.
I couldn't be happier. The ventilation is superlative and the no fog shield really works even in rain and fog.
SCORPION IS IT!.

Have HJC AC11s and just upgraded to the FS10. Highly recommend the FS10. AWESOME lid. Ryders Connection carries them and decent price
beerchug.gif

Worn both and my sons have both . they like them but I like the scorpion better

I had well have it HJC CL-15 it did its job when i went down and if you look at the post i put up about gear please help Hal posted his all rashed up and kept up safe not sure if his was a cl15 though but either way they did there job i just bought this AC-12 Yikes III Helmet from newenough 129.99 150 bucks saved good luck finding the helmet you like best that fits your budget  
beerchug.gif
by the way i was very happy with the cl-15 myself that is what pushed me towards another model of hjc not because i saved alot but i think in my own .02 cents they are worth the monies

I have 5 helmets I wear, two of them are HJC CL-15s. I think the HJC is a heck of a helmet for the $$. Snell and DOT approved, you can get them at www.newenough.com for as little as $69 on closeout. I took out a 4"X4" metal post with my head and shoulder with this helmet with no injury to my head or neck.

IMG00290.jpg

i got a scorpion 700 great helmet so far and my Suomy is lighter than my scorpion and the padding is more comfortable but you get what u pay for sumtimes

Fonzie has a Scorpion and had excellent performance out of the sheild while riding in cold rain. It's a little too heavy for my taste though. The FS10 I just got has the anti fog sheild and I'm anxious to try it out.

I agree. If all the other things about a more expensive helmet make it worth the $$ to you, by all means buy it. The only thing I'm saying is that there are some good Snell and DOT approved helmets out there that will do the job and are real bargins! Although I also own a Shoei that was expensive, I have seen nothing to prove that it will protect me any better than a helmet that cost 15% of it's price. One thing I would tell you is that I would not even think of buying a helmet that had not met Snell 2005 standards. Just my .02

Dont forget to look at the KBC Force RR for about the same $. I really like mine.

I have the Scorpion 700 crackhead helmet now. I am thinking on getting another helmet this year. Still up in the air about which one. The only issue I have had with my helmet is that it is a little heavy but well worth the money...

You have to forget about looks and color. The neatest helmet will not be used if it gives you headaches or hotspots. I wore a Suomy inside a store for 40 minutes before buying it to make sure I was comfortable (first time ever seeing a Suomy and did not know about the quality). I can ride all day in the Summer heat here in the desert with that helmet and still enjoy the ride. Weight, ventilation, noise ect you get what you pay for but first make sure it is a good match for your head shape.

I had an hjc. didnt really care for it. didnt fit my funky head very well and the strap broke in less than a season

Use HJC and Shoei, although the shoei is more expensive, it is the better helmet.
We have to install communications in them (speakers and boom mic) After taking the insides out of both of them...... the shoei is the superior lid by far. Also the fit and comfort was much better.We use both in the motor unit for winter riding, the troopers like the shoei better and we will replace all the HJC with them.
My advice would be to find the brand that fits you the best. This is not easy to do because no dealer will let you take a helmet out and use it for a day.
Be careful with the HJC, they gave us a headache after a couple hours. It took sometime to figure it out. We found that two or more of us had a headache at the same time. If we had not said something to each other we would have figured it was the helmet. It depends on the shape of your head, some helmets fit different people better than others. Long and costly quest.......I wish there was an easier way.

Very true Steve. I found the Icons fit me better than the Shoei and my wife has an HJC and likes it. The Shoei's seem to be longer where as my icon is rounder. Does that make sense?

Thanks for all the comments.

I bought an AGV on clearance from Dennis Kirk last year for $119 shipped with an extra dark shield. It does not have the quality of the Arai I had, but for 1/4 the price if it gets ratty in a couple of years, I'll chuck it. Bought it to match my black '01 ZRX, the Arai was getting kinda old...

The AGV color scheme clashes with my Burgundy '07, though, so I just picked up a Z1R Strike Star helmet in Black Alloy with an extra dark shield for $88.90 shipped from Dennis Kirk!

Dennis Kirk unloads all their old model helmets in an awesome clearance sale every year. I think this is a screaming deal. I strongly recommend that anyone in the market for a new helmet to go on the Dennis Kirk site now and look at their helmet closeout sales.

Blue1

Back