HDTV Deals?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Tis the season...

Rumor is that retailers are going all out this year and that there will be some really good HDTV deals this year.

So my questions is:

what kind? 3D? Brand? Where at? How much?

I think my price point is anything under $2K which is a pretty big range.

damn lol i was hoping for something around $300 lol, you'll definitely find a good deal for something just under 2k. check up black-friday.net

Whatever you do do yourself a favor and order online from an authorized E-tailer and not a retailer. I've bought four TVs from BuyDig.com and saved hundreds on each one compared to Walmart, Brandsmart and others .

When I was shopping around, everyone told me to get eith a LG or Samsung. Ones like Sony your paying extra for the name. I ended up getting a LG and have no complaints about it.

I saw this: Samsung UN46C8000 46-Inch 1080p 3D 240 Hz LED HDTV
"Black Friday, NJ somewhere, ~$1,400, I like it... Linkey East Coast TV's | Samsung 46" 1080p 240Hz 3D, 8M:1 Contrast, LED-Backlit (w/Precision Dimming) LCD HDTV - UN46C8000 I like the 3D, but I have dish, not sure about when...

I just purchased a larger one...but looked at the 3D's and while they are real cool to look at, I believe I'd show it off for about 15 minutes and be done with it.

It feels like any extensive viewing would lead to a headache, plus you have to keep the glasses on while in 3D mode. I'd leave 3D mode off most of the time myself.

Very cool, but I personally would only have as an extra TV.

I was stuck between a Sony and Samsung...same price, then decided on the Samsung for the features and glossy screen. Didn't buy it though, ended up going another 5 inches into LED instead of LCD for a good price on a Sharp. While I've not been real keen on Sharp, this picture stood out beyond anything it was near, soooooo...it worked out

I don't think you'll go wrong with a Samsung...keep in mind, most large retailers will bargain a bit also. If they match prices, they can bargain. The Sony and Samsung were on sale for $500 off retail, then he dropped the Sony another $350, and the Samsung $250 just by talking, offering, and asking.

Last edited:
Target has a Black Friday deal on a Zenith 40" for $298
Wal-Mart has a 32" for $198

Friday Only, I'll be in line.

I donated mine to my sister-in-law. I ad to, otherwise I couldn't buy a new flat panel. :whistle:

When I was shopping around, everyone told me to get eith a LG or Samsung. Ones like Sony your paying extra for the name. I ended up getting a LG and have no complaints about it.

I heard the same, I went with Samsung.
I thought my tv was good when I bought it.
10000/1 contrast
1080I
6ms response
120hz
Now I see 100,000/1 240hz blah blah blah
It's the nature of the beast

It's like looking on Craigslist right after you bought your bike.

For 2k you will be hard pressed to buy a "bad" tv
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL, me too. Hard to dump something which is still working perfectly. ???

10years and it still works! image still as clear as when i 1st bought it. Am waiting for the day I turn it on and see smoke come out the back :laugh: then i'll upgrade and have my living room get bigger without renovating:laugh:

I just bought a LG 32" LED Flat Panel from Amazon. About $200 less than Best Buy. I also got a BluRay player for about $100 less.

Amazon is great:cheerleader:

No matter what "great deal" you get..there will always be someone with a better one! :laugh:

I went with a Sharp 58" last year and it looks great to these old man eyes!

Please remember if you decide on something from Best Buy you can buy online and pick it up locally you can use the best buy banner here on the org... We get a kickback....

cap

Please remember if you decide on something from Best Buy you can buy online and pick it up locally you can use the best buy banner here on the org... We get a kickback....

cap

Welllll....wifo just nixed that idea said she didn't want a big tv upstairs...frankly fine with me as I have a decent large TV downstairs hooked to my stereo that I'm fine with...i was only thinking of getting one because she said "i wish you come upstairs and watch tv with us more often"....:laugh:

Next year these will be out of style and half the price, fine with me!

Back