interesting microwave prices

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
It's kinda funny that I can look for a specific model microwave and no matter which retailer I pick the price is exactly the same at all retailers. You would think someone would be getting a better deal or maybe would price them lower to move inventory but instead it seems like every competitor is just holding their prices consistant with all of the others.

Target
Homedepot
PC richards
Best buy
Walmart

All had the exact same price for the exact same model. I guess it just comes down to which retailer you prefer to hand over your money.

I just wanted to share this after all of the searching I did it ended up that I could have saved the effort of researching the product and just walked into any of the retailers to make my purchase. ???

LOL
Same thing at the dentist office. whether its a root canal or a crown. Same price no matter where you go,Might as well just throw a lawn dart at the yellow pages to make your decision. By the way,Depends on ur needs and size,But the GE although I'd thought were a cheap brand name.They hold up really good with a turn table too. And science diet cat or dog food is the same price with in pennies,whether you but it at :laugh:the vet or petco. Its a racquette

I thought Walmart would be the bargain. The PC Richards I went to is named as an outlet / clearance store. Yet the prices and inventory are the same as their regualr store. :laugh: I guess they try to convince you that if it's an "outlet store" it's cheaper. :rofl:

It's funny.. Having worked retail, a lot of times price is driven by the manufacture. (i.e. game systems, electronics, etc). This way if the manufacture puts and add out for their product it's true across the board. Same with dentist. Insurance usually says what they will pay so of course that pretty much sets the price. Not all things fall in this category, but a lot more things do than people think.

interesting, so the Manufacturer sets the retail price. Retailers make their money on the margin of the wholesale price which I assume the manufacturer sets based on the volume for each retailer. Works out well for everyone but the consumer. :poke:

The whole dentist thing is not goods related but service which is a whole different ball of dodo

It's funny.. Having worked retail, a lot of times price is driven by the manufacture. (i.e. game systems, electronics, etc). This way if the manufacture puts and add out for their product it's true across the board. Same with dentist. Insurance usually says what they will pay so of course that pretty much sets the price. Not all things fall in this category, but a lot more things do than people think.

I think a lot of the manufacturers are setting prices. I've been looking at appliances. Some companies offer price matching but if the price is the same... Anyway check Sams club, may not have the same model but usually have good prices on microwaves.

best deals are usually when the next year's new line comes out, retailers start trying to clear the shelves of old items before the new merchandise arrives :beerchug:

also, you can check through nextag for the best prices: click here

yea, waiting for the retailers to clear their inventory would be the best time. Unfortunately when the "nuker" goes it's tough to wait.

I tried that nextag site. It didn't find target, pc richards, or walmart for the price comparison. :poke: I'll probably check this site for other things in the future. Thanks for the link. :beerchug:

best deals are usually when the next year's new line comes out, retailers start trying to clear the shelves of old items before the new merchandise arrives :beerchug:

also, you can check through nextag for the best prices: click here

I sell appliances for a living and we have been seeing this alot. Its called umrp priceing. Electrolux and some U-line products set there price and we are not able to sell it for anything less. Its kind of good cause then the customer buys from the more experienced sales person. Most Best Buy or Sears sales person has no clue what there talking about giving the mom and pop stores a chance.

Nuts I just remembered I'm tax exempt at best buy. :banghead: I could have bought the product there and saved the 7% tax. :alcoholic:
I sell appliances for a living and we have been seeing this alot. Its called umrp priceing. Electrolux and some U-line products set there price and we are not able to sell it for anything less. Its kind of good cause then the customer buys from the more experienced sales person. Most Best Buy or Sears sales person has no clue what there talking about giving the mom and pop stores a chance.
I guess this might work well with specific products. For some purchases I've just got to pick who will get my money.

so let me ask, is the UMRP equal / flat for all? The profits are coming from volume only? I know in some businesses there's a set MSRP for all but the invoice price may be very different depending on the volume a retailer is moving from quarter to quarter.

commuta
Do your self a big favor and save yer cash while your at it. Ive seen pics of that bike of yours stripped down to lets say 60 pounds ? { dont know how you did it and kept the drive train,,but bravo] bake to the nuking of hot dogs. If your still doing the miler,,just strap ur favorite dinnner untree for the nite around the TB's be a good place wrappeding tin foil and taker her out for a run. Or if memorarys serve me right, yer bikes in a box in need of repairs. So get a 35-40 cheapo from walmart to hold you over. bummer about the bike. whats it in need of?

:rofl: thanks for the tips :thumbsup:
commuta
Do your self a big favor and save yer cash while your at it. Ive seen pics of that bike of yours stripped down to lets say 60 pounds ? { dont know how you did it and kept the drive train,,but bravo] bake to the nuking of hot dogs. If your still doing the miler,,just strap ur favorite dinnner untree for the nite around the TB's be a good place wrappeding tin foil and taker her out for a run. Or if memorarys serve me right, yer bikes in a box in need of repairs. So get a 35-40 cheapo from walmart to hold you over. bummer about the bike. whats it in need of?

The bike is a work in progress. The process is taking longer than expected and costs are tight. I've got to many things on my plate and they're not food related.

I need a nuker so I can reduce the time I spend cooking. :laugh:

Bike progress is still moving foraward just painfully slooooooow.
Case is ready
Cylinder block is ready
Head is now ready
Crank is ready
Trans is ready

Now what's not done...
Rods, pistons, pins, and bearings :sulk: No, this stuff isn't off the shelf so lead times and all kind of other variables play into when these items will be ready.
I may have to bite the bullet and go with some standard stuff to make my race deadlines. I've gotta move some spare parts too.

#GotSmarterMicrowaves ~ #OldOneQuit ~ #TalksWithAlexa ~ #THEoRg *

#WifeHasMeWalkingOutToTheShopAndHeatingUpFood *

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom