HAYABUSA: The Predator behind the Name

OB_Bob

Registered
Time for a Christmas story to pass on to the children to pass on the Legend.

HAYABUSA--Falco peregrinus japonensis (pronounced high-uh-boo-suh)
Now, EVERYONE TOGETHER--High-Uh-Boo-Suh!!

Hayabusa is the common name for the Japanese peregrine falcon, a small hawk traditionally used for ceremonial hunting. Capable of flying in a straight line at over 100 MPH and diving at speeds at over 187 MPH, the HAYABUSA is the world's fastest-flying bird and one of the animal kingdom's mighty predators.
Diving towards its prey, the HAYABUSA reaches high speed effortlessly. It was such effortless flight that inspired Suzuki's designers. The HAYABUSA secret, they realized, is not just sheer power, but superb aerodynamic efficiency combined with power. The HAYABUSA is so fast, it is rarely photographed hunting.

Bob
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Part2:

The answer came to a young member of the Suzuki engineering team on a family wilderness outing that weekend. Walking along a trail, the engineer spotted
a streak in the sky, high above the trees lining nearby cliffs. Startled, he watched as it swooped at an impossible rate of speed, then turned and whirled back over the treetops. He recognized it as an indigenous falcon the Japanese call Hayabusa. It is not the biggest bird in Japan, nor is it the
strongest bird in Japan. But the Hayabusa has a unique ability to cut through the wind to reach top speeds over 300 kph (186 mph).

As he watched, the engineer reflected upon the fact that the Hayabusa does not spend its entire day at 300 kph. But the ability to slice through the air at such a high rate of speed makes its normal flight seem effortless.

Effortless performance! Suddenly, the engineer knew he had the key to designing the advanced machine the product planners wanted! Make it able to slice through the air like a Hayabusa, and normal performance would be almost effortless. As he reached for his notebook, the engineer was already
sketching the new machine in his mind.
It would be the most aerodynamic Suzuki ever built.

And it would be called Hayabusa.

That was such a beautiful version. I had tears in my eyes. Loved a lot you both should be in marketing at Suzuki.It was a lot better than what they had come up with at the show 2 years ago. BRAVO!

I think the original Hayabusa still has feathers. (last time I looked)

My last bike was a Turkey Buzzard called the V-Max. Everyone who wants me to cut and paste the 2-volume unabridged mythology of the Turkey Buzzard raise your hands.

Back