Hayabusa in New Zealand

Henry2021

Registered
So I’ve just bought a new 2020 Hayabusa. I’m 58 years old and have been riding motorcycles for 50 years. Learned on a step thru Honda 90, owned lots since; z900 Kawasaki, Honda Firestorm, Harley road king, Deuce, Triumph rocket 3, Speed Triple R, ktm 690 enduro r to name a few - and I’m still learning. Roads here in NZ range from poop (metal) to perfect (bitumen) every 20 km. In regards to the Hayabusa I have never ridden a bike so easy to ride well. The ride is smooth and the un-limited (real world) power is a comfort. Love the looks and the lack of tech. If or when the arse goes out on this baby it’ll be my fault not the bike’s. Love how this bike is 20+ years old and it can still cut the mustard, plus the wife can’t call me when I’m out riding. It’s kind of funny but with this bike I’m thinking about all the years of motorcycling I still have left rather than demerit points.

Congrats and welcome! Which color did you get? Post up some pics.

So I’ve just bought a new 2020 Hayabusa. I’m 58 years old and have been riding motorcycles for 50 years. Learned on a step thru Honda 90, owned lots since; z900 Kawasaki, Honda Firestorm, Harley road king, Deuce, Triumph rocket 3, Speed Triple R, ktm 690 enduro r to name a few - and I’m still learning. Roads here in NZ range from poop (metal) to perfect (bitumen) every 20 km. In regards to the Hayabusa I have never ridden a bike so easy to ride well. The ride is smooth and the un-limited (real world) power is a comfort. Love the looks and the lack of tech. If or when the arse goes out on this baby it’ll be my fault not the bike’s. Love how this bike is 20+ years old and it can still cut the mustard, plus the wife can’t call me when I’m out riding. It’s kind of funny but with this bike I’m thinking about all the years of motorcycling I still have left rather than demerit points.
Welcome to the org :beerchug:
Post up some pics of the beast we live pics of busas and all other bikes on here. Surprised @Kiwi Rider wasn't the first to welcome his neighbor:laugh:

Welcome to the place! Hoping one day I can tell a story similar to yours. Sounds like you have experienced quite a few motorcycles. I've owned a yzf600r, gen 1 turbo hayabusa and currently own a red 2020 gen 2 and 2007 Harley fatboy. I miss my gen 1, even with a new shiny gen 2 I find myself thinking about the gen 1 I had more, such an awesome bike.

Welcome along mate, where in NZ are you?
I'm in Canterbury and work at the ChCh Suzuki dealership and we haven't sold a new Busa here since 18 months ago so I know you're not around these parts lol.
Demerit points? how do you get them?
Oh yeah, by stopping and talking to the guy in the car with the disco lights lmao!!

I heard New Zealand is the perfect place for a Hayabusa!!

If you start from one end of the island, because the Busa accelerates so fast, you can get to 300km/h with enough time left to brake without landing in the ocean on the other end of the island.

Just jokin.

If you start from one end of the island, because the Busa accelerates so fast, you can get to 300km/h with enough time left to brake without landing in the ocean on the other end of the island.

Just jokin.
I didn't know they have paved roads there ....?!:super:

Just jokin.
There was a dude on here who had a Busa on Okinawa! There are parts of that island that are 10 miles wide! haha

Yeah it's a real money spinner ain't it?
who would'a thought . . millions to be made from something as simpleminded as "climate change", all the way from Swden with Greta Thunberg , the poster child for said 'Climate change', previously known as "Global Warming" . . . . sigh . .
Sadly climate change has been happening for millions of years long before a human was driving something.

I was watching a "Love Nature" program about New Zealand last evening....it was very interesting-New Zealand has a pretty diverse eco system.

....yet, give it time....climate change is coming they say....
Climate change is here and we are fighting it in projects all over the world. This is a project that we are working on and we had to design it on a platform raised 12 feet in the air due to sea-level rise and the anticipated storm surge. It is stunning to see what's happening from the front line.

Quick Night Shot.png

Climate change is here and we are fighting it in projects all over the world. This is a project that we are working on and we had to design it on a platform raised 12 feet in the air due to sea-level rise and the anticipated storm surge. It is stunning to see what's happening from the front line.

View attachment 1632226

Oh no, not around NZ! Just ask Kiwi. He is a non believer.

Back