Having Problems With Gen 2 Hayabusa Powered Sand Rail, Need Help With Cooling System.

sawyerbauer

Registered
Hey guys, I recently built a Hayabusa powered sand rail and after over a year of working on it I finally got to start it over the past weekend. Everything seemed to go perfect however I am having problems with one thing. Their is the little hose that goes on top of the thermostat on the back of the engine I believe it is for bleeding air out of the system and that air goes directly into the top of the radiator on the stock busa. I was unable to hook this directly up to the radiator because the radiator I currently have only has a single spot for a hose at the top and that is used for the overflow. A few minutes after starting the engine steam will start to come out of this hose and I assume this is not supposed to happen? The system seems to be circulating fine from what I can tell but possibly running a little warm however I have not had the chance to drive it or let it run for an extended period of time. I did some research and I thought maybe a head gasket or cracked head but no other signs of that show and it seems to be perfect besides this. Is their anything else I should be looking for at this point? Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

put a tee in there and hook the line up to the overflow. Steam out that line is fairly normal most times you dont notice as this is hooked into the radiator.....since yours isnt you see it. Sooooo, as long as you have it back into the system some how you should be ok. Make sure you have it bled all the way!

Back