harley paint rated M for mature.

Kids, Hanoi Jane is Jane Fonda! She played for the other team during the Veit Nam war. Thats why she is burning on a cross on a OD Green background. Ya, I get it. Cool!
OK, gotcha. I remember now. Been a while (never paid much attention to her at the time), totally forgot about her.:thumbsup:

LOL Kennymac you got my number

Beat me to it.

Didn't they actually have video of her shooting at our (US) helecopters, with an anti aircraft machine gun ? I remember seeing somthing like that on T.V. My Pop HATES her !! He served, and lost alot of friends there, but I guess at that time everybody did ??

Rev, SICK, as always !!! What are you planing on doing for your bike ? I'm sure you'll love it, for a couple of weeks anyway, until you sell it, LoL

Yeah, my Dad is a Vietnam Vet and he'd agree on the Hanoi Jane depiction too; rightfully so...

As always Revolution, amazing job!! :bowdown:

thanks. i gotta show you guys the custom seat for this bike with the carving work.

From Wikipedia.....

"Hanoi Jane"

Jane Fonda on the NVA anti-aircraft gunFonda visited Hanoi in July 1972. Among other statements, she repeated the North Vietnamese claim that the United States had been deliberately targeting the dike system along the Red River stating that “I believe in my heart, profoundly, that the dikes are being bombed on purposeâ€￾. Columnist Joseph Kraft who was also touring North Vietnam, believed that the damage to the dikes was incidental and was being used as propaganda by Hanoi, and that if the U.S. Air Force were "truly going after the dikes, it would do so in a methodical, not a harum-scarum way."[16]

In North Vietnam, Fonda was photographed seated on an anti-aircraft battery.[17] She also participated in several radio broadcasts on behalf of the Communist regime, asking US aircrews to consider the consequences of their actions. In her 2005 autobiography, she states that she was manipulated into sitting on the battery, and claims to have been immediately horrified at the implications of the pictures.

During this visit she also visited American prisoners of war (POWs), and brought back messages from them to their families. When cases of torture began to emerge among POWs returning to the United States, Fonda called the returning POWs "hypocrites and liars."[18] She added, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed." On the subject of torture in general, Fonda told The New York Times in 1973, "I'm quite sure that there were incidents of torture... but the pilots who were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic, I believe that's a lie."

The POW camp visits also led to persistent stories—decades later circulated widely on the Internet and via email—that the POWs she met had spat on her, or attempted to sneak notes to her which she had then reported to the North Vietnamese, leading to further abuse. However, a study by Snopes.com, which interviewed many of the alleged victims, found these allegations to be false.[19]

Although Fonda's actions in July 1972 did not receive widespread coverage at the time (The New York Times, for example, ran only a brief UPI story and no photograph), her trip was perceived by many as an unpatriotic display of aid and comfort to the enemy, with some characterizing it as treason; the Nixon Administration, however, dismissed calls for legal action against her. Years later, she was labeled as Hanoi Jane by her critics and compared to war propagandists Tokyo Rose and Hanoi Hannah.

In 1972, Fonda funded and organized the Indochina Peace Campaign.[20] It continued to mobilize antiwar activists across the nation after the 1973 Paris Peace Agreement, when most other antiwar organizations closed down.

[edit] Fonda's regrets
In 1988, Fonda admitted to former American POWs and their families that she had some regrets, stating:[21]

"I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families. [...] I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft gun, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless..."

In a 60 Minutes interview on March 31, 2005, Fonda reiterated that she had no regrets about her trip to North Vietnam in 1972, with the exception of the anti-aircraft gun photo. She stated that the incident was a "betrayal" of American forces and of the "country that gave me privilege". Fonda said, "The image of Jane Fonda, Barbarella, Henry Fonda's daughter ... sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal ... the largest lapse of judgment that I can even imagine." She later distinguished between regret over the use of her image as propaganda and pride for her anti-war activism: "There are hundreds of American delegations that had met with the POWs. Both sides were using the POWs for propaganda... It's not something that I will apologize for." Fonda said she had no regrets about the broadcasts she made on Radio Hanoi, something she asked the North Vietnamese to do: "Our government was lying to us and men were dying because of it, and I felt I had to do anything that I could to expose the lies and help end the war."[22]

Hanoi Jane huh. If I remember right, Vietnamese chicks don't have brown hair, blue eyes, or big boobs.

But, nice paint.

Hanoi Jane was Jane Fonda, who posed with the North Vietnamese army humping one of their artillery pieces. Shes been on my **** list for years. I don't know what a graphic like that is good for, though. Most people wouldn't understand what it was supposed to represent.

:bowdown::thumbsup:

JANEFONDA2.jpg

Back