Half Baked in Florida, how do you do it?

I live in Jacksonville and it get's equally warm here. In fact it was over 80 here yesterday. Damn the humidity.
I typically restrict my warm weather riding to early morning or late afternoon. It's just too friggin hot during the day. I wear a Joe Rocket mesh. As long as you keep moving its not bad, but if you get stuck in traffic, fuggetaboutit.

I live in Jacksonville and it get's equally warm here. In fact it was over 80 here yesterday. Damn the humidity.
I typically restrict my warm weather riding to early morning or late afternoon. It's just too friggin hot during the day. I wear a Joe Rocket mesh. As long as you keep moving its not bad, but if you get stuck in traffic, fuggetaboutit.

Hit 87 here yesterday and will be again today. Man, we have some unbearable heat on the way!???

What about trying the A.stars body armour? For off-roaders> I know the ladies is called " Bionic" I think. And it has been proven over and over that regular jeans shred like tissue paper in the event of a crash. I am glad to hear that you wear gear. When i ride in the stated I am always shocked for the first little while at all the helmetless riders. Sorry, that almost seems like a thread hi-jack.

Go naked! Just make sure you put on clothes when u come to the Busa Bashes! Besides your "winter" ought to be June, July and August!
Posted via Mobile Device

Miserycaptain,

I am in Central Florida and have learned that Under Armor Heat Gear is the biggest friend in the summertime. I will not ride in mesh or textile. Leather Only. I found that the UA gear really helps to keep you cooler. And definitely drier. Combined with perforated leather, even the hottest days can be near tolerable.

Give it try.

Back