Haley246 Bike progress thanks to so many others

Haley246

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm almost back on my feet thanks to ms. corona but you can't keep a good soldier down. Just wanted to show some progress that I have been able to accomplish thanks to so many great people. After State Farm denied my claim for all of the parts of my bike that was in my shop when it burned down, I knew I would never be able to get my beloved Busa on the road again. I still can't believe so many others who I have never met would help if they could get me back riding one day. I will post pictures of my progress and wanted to say thank you again. God bless and be safe, Thomas

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

Hi everyone, I'm sorry for not updating my progress as I have been battling COV-19. It seems as after if you get cleared you may still have lingering other medical conditions. I know in the past you have came to others aide and they disappeared afterwards and I will not be like that. Hopefully I will be able to get back at it soon and will post updates. I truly appreciate each of you. Thanks again for all you have done for me. God bless

Hi everyone, I'm sorry for not updating my progress as I have been battling COV-19. It seems as after if you get cleared you may still have lingering other medical conditions. I know in the past you have came to others aide and they disappeared afterwards and I will not be like that. Hopefully I will be able to get back at it soon and will post updates. I truly appreciate each of you. Thanks again for all you have done for me. God bless
Absolutely no need for apologies Thomas...and the boyz know you are very grateful. We really do. Get yer health in order,we'll get back on yer Busa ASAP. I've been busy with a few issues myself and have not thrown any time at the project myself,for which I feel bad. Things will settle down.We will get back on track. We are sitting on a few bucks and if we start actively searching we can probably swing some decent used plastics,perhaps get that outa the way. As you said,you've got decent weather year round,so things can still move forward as far as paint,repairs and test rides correct?
Look after you...then WE will look after yer Busa. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Hi everyone, I want to thank everyone who did what they could to help me get back on the road again. I came to this website to see if I could buy some cheap parts after my shop/shed burnt down with all of my body parts and many other Busa parts, instead I found a family who are there for each other when one needs help. I only know a couple of you who helped me and I thanked you personally but I want to thank you again as well as the other guys who did what they could during these difficult times, I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart. I was able to get most of my body parts thanks to you. You helped a guy who has had a rough time but you truly made a difference in my life and I thank you. I will continue to update my journey but wanted to thank each of you, it truly means so much to me. Rubb you have helped so many I know you don't like recognition but I just wanted to say thank you for all you do for us. I still have a ways to go but I will be riding my Busa once again. Thank you be safe and God bless

DSCN0466.JPG

DSCN0466.JPG

Has anyone ever rebuilt a rear brake caliper that was in a fire?

View attachment 1627246
Everything in that caliper is toast Thomas. (sorry for the pun). You might be better off to source a used one. That one may be able to be brought back to life,but intense heat may have damaged it beyond repair.It needs a bleeder valve,piston and seal rebuild. A used one may need a new seal as well. There are places that offer DIY sandblasting,you could try that.At the end of the day I think you will pay more to restore the one you have as opposed to a used one.If you sandblast it or similar,leave the piston and bleeder in and plug the brake line hole using a bolt and a washer. The washer must be the same size as the one that is used on the banjo bolt.You can't score the surface where the banjo bolt washer seals.If you do,it will leak.
Rubb.

Everything in that caliper is toast Thomas. (sorry for the pun). You might be better off to source a used one. That one may be able to be brought back to life,but intense heat may have damaged it beyond repair.It needs a bleeder valve,piston and seal rebuild. A used one may need a new seal as well. There are places that offer DIY sandblasting,you could try that.At the end of the day I think you will pay more to restore the one you have as opposed to a used one.If you sandblast it or similar,leave the piston and bleeder in and plug the brake line hole using a bolt and a washer. The washer must be the same size as the one that is used on the banjo bolt.You can't score the surface where the banjo bolt washer seals.If you do,it will leak.
Rubb.
Okay thanks bro

It will take some precision drilling to get those out. Looks like they both broke off flush. The tops would have to be ground flat in order to get a center punch to bite. Corrosion really took a toll on those man. It may be toast. I would try,but give it about 1 in 10 for success. Sorry man.
Rubb.

It will take some precision drilling to get those out. Looks like they both broke off flush. The tops would have to be ground flat in order to get a center punch to bite. Corrosion really took a toll on those man. It may be toast. I would try,but give it about 1 in 10 for success. Sorry man.
Rubb.
Hey bro, do you know if any other year Suzuki has the same clutch master part# as the Busa?

Hey bro, do you know if any other year Suzuki has the same clutch master part# as the Busa?
Gixxer 1000 and 1100, TL1000R, 90's Katana 1100, 80's Katana 750 maybe RF900R, not sure about that one. There are others I think as well. We need to ask @hayabuser 's help on this one. I got those idea's from hints from him. I'll cross referance some #'s tomorrow when I get to the shop.
Could always change out both for an upgrade to say Yamaha R1 or something...
Rubb.

Pretty much any Suzuki hydraulic m/c from a bike with clip-on bars will work. I just put a Hayabusa master cylinder on my 1985 Katana 750 and it works perfectly.

Gixxer 1000 and 1100, TL1000R, 90's Katana 1100, 80's Katana 750 maybe RF900R, not sure about that one. There are others I think as well. We need to ask @hayabuser 's help on this one. I got those idea's from hints from him. I'll cross referance some #'s tomorrow when I get to the shop.
Could always change out both for an upgrade to say Yamaha R1 or something...
Rubb.
Thanks so much Rubb

Did you have to change the clutch lines as well?
Nope.You may need a re-build kit for the master if it's used and has been sitting a while. Easy to do,just ask us about it if yer unsure and pick-up new washers for the banjo bolts. You'll need 7 of them.
Rubb.

Back