Had to put my Busa in the ditch yesterday...Scooter Punks

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Out for a nice ride yesterday,riding a road I know fairly well.Very few straight parts,lots of twisties. Come around a tight left hander and there are 2 or 3 scooters coming at me in my lane.Scary part was they were in the middle of crashing. One scooter punk had panicked and low slided thru the corner causing a couple more scooters to crash as well which sent them on a direct collision course with me. They were riding way to close together and way past their skill level and ability of their machines. I see this group quite regularly but never on these roads that are frequented by sport bikers.Anyway,they came at me so fast I got on the brakes hard,then let off and coasted into the shallow ditch on the road side. Luckily the ditch was only about 6 inches deep,but it was filled with mud and rocks.It really freaked me out as I knew if I touched my brakes I would have gone down too. Most of the scooter punks were in shorts and tennis shoes.:whistle: Ouch. Well,I got back on the road as qwik as I could because everybody speeds on this road,cars and trucks included. I didn't want to be part of the next pile up. I motioned to remaining pack of scooter punks to slow down,but I think some of them just thought I was waving at them.:laugh: I passed on going back to see the carnage. I knew I would just end up yelling at them for their rediculas riding. These scooters are all pimped out,painted,lowered,stretched,etc...just perfect machines for the twisties.???

Rubb.

I might not have the right scooter club...but here's an example of what some of them ride.

Should be great for the twisties eh...:rofl:

RSD.

scoot.jpg

Man, I was worried I was opening a thread full of pics of your Busa and you, bruised :( Don't do that Rub!!! :spank:

I personally HATE that scooters are allowed on the main roads. Far too many "near misses" and close calls with 'em because most can't get past 30 mph, most ride in the lane, most don't think twice about holding up traffic and they are a nuisance, not that I have an opinion on 'em or anything :whistle:

Out for a nice ride yesterday,riding a road I know fairly well.Very few straight parts,lots of twisties. Come around a tight left hander and there are 2 or 3 scooters coming at me in my lane.Scary part was they were in the middle of crashing. One scooter punk had panicked and low slided thru the corner causing a couple more scooters to crash as well which sent them on a direct collision course with me. They were riding way to close together and way past their skill level and ability of their machines. I see this group quite regularly but never on these roads that are frequented by sport bikers.Anyway,they came at me so fast I got on the brakes hard,then let off and coasted into the shallow ditch on the road side. Luckily the ditch was only about 6 inches deep,but it was filled with mud and rocks.It really freaked me out as I knew if I touched my brakes I would have gone down too. Most of the scooter punks were in shorts and tennis shoes.:whistle: Ouch. Well,I got back on the road as qwik as I could because everybody speeds on this road,cars and trucks included. I didn't want to be part of the next pile up. I motioned to remaining pack of scooter punks to slow down,but I think some of them just thought I was waving at them.:laugh: I passed on going back to see the carnage. I knew I would just end up yelling at them for their rediculas riding. These scooters are all pimped out,painted,lowered,stretched,etc...just perfect machines for the twisties.???

Rubb.

dam scotter punks!!!! wasn't me I swear:please:

f5brx0.jpg

Man, I was worried I was opening a thread full of pics of your Busa and you, bruised :( Don't do that Rub!!! :spank:

I personally HATE that scooters are allowed on the main roads. Far too many "near misses" and close calls with 'em because most can't get past 30 mph, most ride in the lane, most don't think twice about holding up traffic and they are a nuisance, not that I have an opinion on 'em or anything :whistle:

mine can do 35 :tantrum: I rarely ride it on street I take it 2 drag races incase need towbike +im 2 lazy walk 2 tower or concession stand.

Sorry M. Bad Rubba,bad.:crowbar:

RSD.

Glad you weren't hurt.

6" ditch - No damage to the lower fairings, wheels or tires?

So you just rode out of the ditch? No help needed? :thumbsup:

Explain this,

:laugh:

There was a tumbling type of scooter or vespa or hyper-honda ruckus :laugh:
coming at me in my lane.
I braked hard to avoid entering the fracuse...which of course stood me up and sent me in a straight line for the ditch.I was in a fairly sharp corner...

Then I was in the ditch,but still rolling...here is where I just faintly tapped the brakes.The first time I touched them my Busa whent all squirrly,so I just rode out the last 20 feet with no brakes. I have to give thanks to the years on dirt bike,but also for the years on Trials bikes.

I got out in one peice.My lady passenger almost threw up from adrenelin and fear. Poor thing,she was shaking.

O'well...tis the season.Let the games begin. :thumbsup:

I'm gonna go scour these websites,see if they have posted pics or vid. I'd like to see my response,annalize it.

RSD.

It was the big Scooter Rally weekend, this weekend.... the city was packed with those little buggers buzzing around.

scooter ride on hi ways there? I thought Canada was supposed to be real strict with MV laws? apparently not.....

scooter ride on hi ways there? I thought Canada was supposed to be real strict with MV laws? apparently not.....

I believe you can take anything on the highway as long as it is capable of doing 80KPH/50MPH but these little bastids wouldn't care about that.

RSD.

It was the big Scooter Rally weekend, this weekend.... the city was packed with those little buggers buzzing around.

Hey cool,you are from Vic. Guess where these dummies were riding way too fast and all bunched up...The twisties around East Sooke, Gillespie Rd.:rofl:

RSD.

Hey cool,you are from Vic. Guess where these dummies were riding way too fast and all bunched up...The twisties around East Sooke, Gillespie Rd.:rofl:

RSD.

That's a motorcycle rider's playground out there, no scooters allowed. Time to revive the "Mods vs. Rockers" wars... I think we can take 'em! :laugh:

Back