H2SX vs GEN 3

I imagine Brock will get one soon if he doesn't have one already. It will take some time to get a good map and probably an entirely new exhaust system plus Don is going to have to flash it and if its all new that will take some time. You know I wonder how this is going to go? Bare with me on this. In general everyone was so excited about the the gen 3 finally coming. And I think almost every one loves the new design. I know I do. The 2 shocking bitch slaps came with the initial asking price of $22,000 and same motor. Yes I think it will sell out this year. Production levels from Japan are down anyway due to the damn Chinese virus. But I bet next year the price will drop. Plus I think that the sales will not be what they expected and needed. I would bet they are getting all kinds of feed back on this and I bet it aint pretty. So I wouldn't be surprised that they do come out with a real engine upgrade to a 1441 because of the outrage over this anemic release. Time will tell. In the meantime I bet Kawasaki adds cruise control and led lights to the zx14r as part of an update. Should have done that in the first place. We shall see... love you guys.

Why would production be down in Japan due to COVID? Are there made in China parts on it? My genuine Kawasaki oil filter for my Z is made in China. :laugh:

Only a risk of death or injury if you go green....

Untitled.png

:p

I imagine Brock will get one soon if he doesn't have one already. It will take some time to get a good map and probably an entirely new exhaust system plus Don is going to have to flash it and if its all new that will take some time. You know I wonder how this is going to go? Bare with me on this. In general everyone was so excited about the the gen 3 finally coming. And I think almost every one loves the new design. I know I do. The 2 shocking bitch slaps came with the initial asking price of $22,000 and same motor. Yes I think it will sell out this year. Production levels from Japan are down anyway due to the damn Chinese virus. But I bet next year the price will drop. Plus I think that the sales will not be what they expected and needed. I would bet they are getting all kinds of feed back on this and I bet it aint pretty. So I wouldn't be surprised that they do come out with a real engine upgrade to a 1441 because of the outrage over this anemic release. Time will tell. In the meantime I bet Kawasaki adds cruise control and led lights to the zx14r as part of an update. Should have done that in the first place. We shall see... love you guys.
Glad the US market didn't get that price increase like other markets. $18,590 MSRP is a bit pricey but compared to other bikes it's a bargain IMO. Do some shopping and you'll save a couple thousand easy. I do wish it was a 1441+ though. Unless something changed the ZX14R is dead, at least in Europe it is because of Euro5 emissions. The same thing that neutered the Gen-3 has killed many bikes, sad really...

Glad the US market didn't get that price increase like other markets. $18,590 MSRP is a bit pricey but compared to other bikes it's a bargain IMO. Do some shopping and you'll save a couple thousand easy. I do wish it was a 1441+ though. Unless something changed the ZX14R is dead, at least in Europe it is because of Euro5 emissions. The same thing that neutered the Gen-3 has killed many bikes, sad really...
I kind of wonder....don't the people within the Euro emission committee not know these and many other vehicles will be modified which includes removing the exhaust system and re-flashing the ECU?

If they were really serious they would have made the companies design the ECU to make it unable to be unlocked......in that breath, I hope none of them are reading this forum....:firing:

If they were really serious they would have made the companies design the ECU to make it unable to be unlocked......in that breath, I hope none of them are reading this forum....:firing:
That was a concern expressed to me, about the possibility of a Bosch ECU which would spell trouble.

I kind of wonder....don't the people within the Euro emission committee not know these and many other vehicles will be modified which includes removing the exhaust system and re-flashing the ECU?

People need to talk to representatives, politicians, etc because the day that happens many of our freedoms and hobbies will be dead. You can always go to a standalone setup but if people can't customize these things what's the point. More and more companies will be out of business...

People need to talk to representatives, politicians, etc because the day that happens many of our freedoms and hobbies will be dead. You can always go to a standalone setup but if people can't customize these things what's the point. More and more companies will be out of business...
I agree...

I had a buddy who moved from the UK to France and he had to change his exhaust as it wasn't compliant with emissions in France...each year his vehicles had to go in to be inspected. He also told me if the cops pull you over and check your exhaust, it had to have a certain serial number and mark on it or they can fine you...

When I was out in Alberta Canada, the cops there had decibel readers on the front of their cars and were pulling people over and ticketing them along with issuing them a summons for them to present their vehicle for inspection. If they get caught again for the same thing, the vehicle can get impounded.

• Wow
Reactions: Zee
Hopefully Suzuki used the same ECU for the Gen 3 as the GSXR 1000 so the tuners are all ready to flash it....

I'd imagine that will be one of the first things most of the new owners will want to do to it.
You don’t really have a choice.....

Back