Guys, I got a problem !

C_Henry

Registered
I got a big problem with my rear hump. I put it on without connecting my cable lock. I caint get it off cause my key is'nt hooked up. Can anyone please help me ?
sad.gif

I've been there done that, I removed my tail light lens then light socket. Once you do that you can hook the part of the latch that the cable connects to with a bent wire coat hanger. Next time take out the two screws and remove complete latch so it no happen again!

I did this once also, I took the seat off and fished a coathanger through.. Not sure how you would get thetail liht off with the tail on... I heard someone cut a hole in the bottom of the tail also, but if you have an aftermarket under tail that might not look so good... Good lcuk

What sort of undertail do you have? is it the stocker? If so, this might work.
Pop all of the rivets on the right side and remove the allen screws that you can. Facing the rear of the bike (a person to help would be awesome) pull the tail away formt he undertail and see if you can get your hand up in there, back towards the lock. If you can get in there and find the lock, you will be pushing the round part to the left of the bike (your right, since you are facing the rear) while you are in there, see if your freind can pull up slightly on the hump so that you won;t have to push it as far...

(C_Henry @ Mar. 18 2007,18:46) Nice bike ! I have a question, how did you get tha tail light out without taking tha tail off ?
Remove 2 screws (circled in red) then remove bulb, then remove socket by twisting with a pair of needle nose pliers! Now you have a hole to feed coat hanger through!

screws.JPG

When I did or did not do this (Fifth Amendment) I may or may not have popped all of the rivets out and pulled the tail down as described above.

beerchug.gif

Razor knife to the soft pliable oem Plastic works really well and also serves as an excuse to get an aftermarket undertail
beerchug.gif
You'll be in in under 30 seconds!

(busa1300nut @ Mar. 18 2007,18:45) Heard of taking seat off, and fishing the latch with a coat hanger. Good luck.
+1 thats how i did it !

Thanks for all tha tips guys ! I'm gonna give it a shot tha weekend, and I'll let cha know which way works. Again , thanks !

(thebbbusa @ Mar. 18 2007,22:10) When I did or did not do this (Fifth Amendment) I may or may not have popped all of the rivets out and pulled the tail down as described above.

beerchug.gif
This is how I did or did not handle the same situation.
biggrin.gif

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 18 2007,12:49)
(C_Henry @ Mar. 18 2007,18:46) Nice bike ! I have a question, how did you get tha tail light out without taking tha tail off ?
Remove 2 screws (circled in red) then remove bulb, then remove socket by twisting with a pair of needle nose pliers! Now you have a hole to feed coat hanger through!
Wont this screw up the socket, or does it just screw out like that ?

Back