Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GSX1300R or GSXR1300???

OB_Hayaboosa

Registered
I just heard that next year Suzuki is going to continue making the Hayabusa.......but , they are also going to make a lighter version and call it a GSXR1300 instead of GSX1300R.

Has anyone else heard about this rumor????

Yeah,on one website I even saw a picture or an artist rendition of the bike,if they plan on discontinuing the GSXR1100,it would be a likely replacement using the Hayabusa engine in a pure sports chassis.

Hey Hayaboosa!: You saw a mock of the 2000 busa?? What was the web addess? or is it the fake GSXR1300 that has been going around? (Blue/Wht modified TLR!)

Please post the address here if you found some new pics. Thanks.

I heard that Suzuki is looking to make a GSXR 900 to compete with the CBR1000RR,ZX9 and the R1.This seems more likely than a GSXR1300 since no other company makes a Big bore Sports bike.Going from a GSXR 750 to a 1300 would make a big gap in the cc department that Suzuki could capitalize on if they could dominate that size market like they do with the 750 and big bore market.

Gixxer1300

Damn good point, i'd like to see that, if they built a 900 as good as the 750...look out.

Tommy

You can bet on it: Suzuki will make only few changes in the Busa for 2000 (color, minor HP improvment).

Don't look for more, you will be let down. In September the news will be out at the dealer meeting in Vegas.

Big changes coming for the GSXR750.

Apparently the little gixxers are going to take on a similar boosa front end. Other than having a whole new street 750, they are also putting out a SP version, like the R7. Get your orders in now! ;)

Yeah, I just heard from a very good source (connected dealer) that the changes to the 2000 busa will be only cosmetic. Also the changes to the 750 will be major and a front end and ram air similar to the busa. He had not heard anything about a 900. I think the R1 will still have that class wrapped. I miss my R1--it was a great bike.

Top Bottom