Gretchen making some Progress

Love the wheels and she looks hot.
Hey, much thanks goes out to you for your help. Not so long ago you helped do some photoshop work for me, showing my bike with stock wheels, but gold color. Really helped me decide on colors and where I was going with this project. Funny how something like your photoshop picture helped me out so much. Thanks bro

beerchug.gif

How are these secured??Thinking of getting a set
Well there was a few options to mount thses covers. Coerce supplied small wood screws with the covers, however I didnt get any with mine. I talked with Grabntwist on this issue as he also has a set mounted.

I thought about using an epoxy, but when I did a test run I realized the covers make very little contact with the nose piece and really only makes contact on the turn signal lenses. Knowing this, I didnt want to mess up the plastic on the lenses, so I scraped the epoxy idea. I than went to Ace Hardware, and explained my situation to the guy (Very nice people) And we decided on some galvanized screws. I purchsed 2 different size wood screws, and some regular screws with nutts and lock washers.

I decided not to use the lock washer/nutt setup because the head on the screws were almost another half the size as the wood screws, and I didnt want the screw heads to draw much attention. So I used 4 wood screws instead. I drilled a 1/16th pilot hole for each screw. I slowly than screwed each screw in, and frankly the fit is much better than I thought & dont think there is any way the covers will come off. Im pretty Impressed with the covers but for the price of these little things I guess I should be...and I think it really adds to the look Im going for with the bike.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138923921 -->

A better pic of the tree under full flash - very low sheen

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

A pic of the screws for the Coerce covers. Now, the size I used is the same length as the screw with the nut & washer, but longer than the wood screw, but has the same head diameter...cant take pics of the screws I used because they are installed.

www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

That thing looks great! I cant wait till its done. Hey Speedemon, you know what you gotta do now, right? Thats all Im saying.
biggrin.gif

That thing looks great! I cant wait till its done. Hey Speedemon, you know what you gotta do now, right? Thats all Im saying.
biggrin.gif
i'll tell you what grab...you buy them! haha
every time i look at your bike valium i like it more and more i got some good competition, and some catching up to do.
wink.gif
Are we competing
rock.gif
- Im too broke to compete, so I think I will just ride the heck out of her...lol

Ok whats this talk between you and grab? What should you buy - Im curious now...lol

biggrin.gif
every time i look at your bike valium i like it more and more i got some good competition, and some catching up to do.  
wink.gif
Are we competing
rock.gif
- Im too broke to compete, so I think I will just ride the heck out of her...lol

Ok whats this talk between you and grab? What should you buy - Im curious now...lol
haha yeah well i am competing with you!
i am pretty sure grab is talkin about the gold rims...they look sweet!
Unfortunately i dont have any money left so unless grab is willing to fund them for me, they are gonna have to wait.
i am waiting on some parts for my bike and then i will post pics.

biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Are we competing
rock.gif

Speedemon and I share similar tastes in Hayabusa modding, if that makes any sense. Lately Ive been able to predict what his next move will be (he just swapped stock wheels for his LE's). I know he was drooling like I am over the wheels you just bolted on.

Oh and do you want to trade wheels Val
smile.gif
Yah know something - I love your wheels, but...in all honesty I will keep mine. When doing mods I have learned one thing, and that is be happy with what you get - for better or worse I think the saying is.

$1000.00 or $3000.00 for wheels is a lot of cash, and a person better be really happy with whatever he or she lays their money down on. Now...that being said....I love your wheels....I didnt realize your's were gold also...or did I...yopu have the Mav's---right
rock.gif
Im at work and sick as a dog right now, so I dont have much of a clue about anything.

Hey grab...Ive never seen a full picture of your bike...how about posting a pic for me...I know you have some tasty items on her.

Oh and do you want to trade wheels Val
smile.gif
Yah know something - I love your wheels, but...in all honesty I will keep mine. When doing mods I have learned one thing, and that is be happy with what you get - for better or worse I think the saying is.

$1000.00 or $3000.00 for wheels is a lot of cash, and a person better be really happy with whatever he or she lays their money down on. Now...that being said....I love your wheels....I didnt realize your's were gold also...or did I...yopu have the Mav's---right
rock.gif
Im at work and sick as a dog right now, so I dont have much of a clue about anything.

Hey grab...Ive never seen a full picture of your bike...how about posting a pic for me...I know you have some tasty items on her.
Val, I sent you some to your email. I didn't want to threadjack. I couldn't find very current ones I don't think I sent you any with m Gilles adjusters and lifts installed. Grab.

Back