greetings

BayAreaWheeler

Registered
Hello - wanted to say hi..just registered to your board.  I plan on buying a busa within the next 2 months and originally came here to take a look at your for sale section.  And figured what the hell I should be part of the family shortly...

so heres a quick bio ..im 27 married with a 4 yearl old son.  Ive been riding since i was 12 (thanks dad!) and have owned many different dirtbikes growing up - currently have a '01 CR500 in the stable.  My first street bike was a '99 cbr900rr second and current bike is a '01 bandit1200.  Sick of the banditt so i plan on replacing it with a busa..

other hobbies..
Ive been heavy into 4wheelin the past 5 years and have a built truggy on 44"boggers and a TJ on 36' MTR's (DD)  
Fairly active MTB'er - crosscountry-singletrack currently riding a litespeed owlhollow.

me and the wife just sold a bizness and the wife is letting me spend 10k on a new toy  :bounce: I plan on buying used to avoid paying all the bs dealer fee's.  My wife wants me to use a CC to purchase the bike and pay it off over the course of 3 months to build some more credit..gonna be tough finding a seller that takes CC's...but not impossible.

questions? were there any MAJOR differences between 2000-2003 busa's - anything i should stay away from?  any good websites besides this one where i can find busa's for sale?

anyways sorry for the long post - believe me it hurt me more then it hurt you (typing one handed as i broke my wrist mtb'n last thurs).

im like a kid in a candy store i tell ya!   :super:
kj

Welcome to the board  :newbie:

cycletrader.com is where we found our dealership...you can perform searches in your area code, zip code, west coast, regions, etc...

And our dealership did take credit cards...so, many might...

Good luck in your quest!

KJ, Welcome to the board, no real differences between the 02 & the 03's other than the Gold shocks and brake calipers...
MTBR... eh? Yeah I know what you mean....I used to DH & yet do a little...have a Yeti DH-8 and a Ellisworth Dare DH setup 8" in the back and front on both bikes....I started out with a San Andreas by Mountain Cycle...pretty cool setup untill you ride one of the Yeti Brooklyn or the Ellisworth.
Anyway getting back to the Busa.....Dude ther eis no better bike out there... that feeling you talk about being a kid in a candy store.....theres probably not one person here that does not feel that each time they step into their garage and see the baby
Using a CC....trust me you can easily spend that and more on accessories.
Welcome to the board and post pictures when you get your ride......peace dude

Welcome Welcome !!!! Difference between '02 and '03 Busa is a different FI map, basically the '03 runs a little smoother to my knowledge oh and also the colour schemes are a bit different too. To get the best colour scheme, (Black/Blue), you will need to buy an '02 model !! Would you like mine ? I'm going to order up an '04 when they come out. Hmm, I'm a bit of a hike from San Fran though.

welcome to the board bay first best color bule/silver best site cycletrader.com many good deals on site hope u find what your looking for peace.:D

Back