Gps?

TommyGunn1300

Registered
planing on doing a few mods to the busa over the winter. i live in central nc and im about 2.5 hours from the beach and the mountians. most of my miles come from riding to either place and just riding around unsure of where im going. been thinking about getting a gps so i will know where im at. whats some of the good ones out there? i dont want anything expensive but i want something that has the map and shows me where im at

was looking at this one, one place has it for like $400

Garmin zumo 450 GPS Receiver - Yahoo! Shopping

Try STAPLES, they have lots of inexpensive GPS's. And from what you want from them, they're good enough. They also only cost around $200 to $250.:thumbsup:

Watch who you buy it from. Even the people that work at Garmin can't get it under $450 (after taxes). That company that had it for $400 will try to sell you a lot of crap with it at very high prices and if you don't buy the extras, they will just say your zumo is on back order until you give up and ask for your money back.

Many very good GPS units now around $220..00 or so. The Garmins I love. I use it in my car and bike because it is battery portable.

I have a Zumo 550 and love it! :thumbsup: I also bought the XM receiver for it. It's nice having MP3, XM, GPS, Bluetooth phone, two-way...all hooked into my Autocom.

Here's some pics:

Last edited:
I bought my Garmin 450 from Amazon, it was $380 at the time, best price I have ever seen. that was about 30 days ago.
I like it has a very bright face for the sunny days and seems extremely accurate, speed and location.:beerchug:

look into a garmin quest 2 ...it has all the maps in it ,it's waterproof and vibration proof and very cheap under 200 on e -bay

I went cheap for the bike.. as I was always worried about it getting stolen or broken.
Custom mounted off of the double bubble, very useful. Sold it with the bike.

I have a Zumo 550 and love it! :thumbsup: I also bought the XM receiver for it. It's nice having MP3, XM, GPS, Bluetooth phone, two-way...all hooked into my Autocom.

Here's some pics:

i really like that set up you have. how hard was it to wire up? pretty much all i would use is ipod, phone, gps, and a radar detector somewhere down the line. which system would be best for me?

Just an FYI.....TomTom, Garmin & Magellen all have different mapping software. The TODAY show did a test of all three in my Hometown of Boston MA where the bright engineers paved over the wagon trails and made most of them one ways! Getting back to the point, they had 3 people with the 3 different GPS's all go to the same locations and the TomTom came out with the shortest and fastest route EVERYTIME. I also use one at work everyday and I have a TOmTom One, which I bought for $150 brand new. It also comes with a suction cup mount which can be mounted to the windscreen!

Hope this helps!

-Mark

If you don't need one that's water resistant, you can pick up a nice Garmin Nuvi 260 (what I have in the car) from Amazon for about $150. Add a Techmount for $70.00, and for less than $250.00, you're set!

PS I've about convinced myself ... so how does it get hardwired? Any directions and photos?

more props for that tomtom 1... never failed me, used it all summer.. if you get scared of moisture, just throw a ziplock bag over it. Also, anything under 30mph I could actually hear the GPS speak to me.

The gps for the bike is a great idea, and i've also heard the tomtom would be the best route, but where can i get a deal on one? $150 sounds good, but where to purchase at that price?

Garmin 200 $189. Mount $6. Knowing where you are, priceless!

IMG_3078.jpg

Back