GPS Mounting Question

NeOhiofan

Registered
I have a 2008 Hayabusa.
I have a Garmin StreetPilot I5
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=362#
rf-lg.jpg

I want to buy a Ram Mount to work with my Hayabusa.
RAM features gps garmin mounts for airplanes trucks vehicles motorcycles autos streetpilot quest etrex
Which one would work the best?
I want to attach it to the bolt on the middle of the handlebars.
Is this the mount I want?
RAMB342.jpg

Ram Mounting Systems - Products

If this is the mount I want is everything there I need? Or will I need to buy anything else? If so what will I need?

I love the stem mount on mine. I know you have a Gen II, but it dont think it matters. You need the stem mount, an arm, and a cradle. Dont forget the cradle adapter,
RAM-HOL-GA22U.

If I buy the stem mount I won't need a cradle or arm. The Streetpilot I5 has a hole in the back that the ball will fit in.

This is an early pic, I have changed some things but the Garmin is still mounted like this.

zumo_gpr.JPG

HPIM2404.jpg

HPIM2405.jpg

Theis is the back of my GPS. Is the ball on the Stem mount the same size as the ball on my Suction Cup mount?

Or will I still need the Arm & Cradle?

The ball on the stem mount is a 1" ball. You may want to use an arm just to get the GPS unit up and away from the bars.

Bump!
I got my Ram Mounts today and not sure how exactly this part is installed

Can someone let me know this part of the Ram Mount is on their clamp?
RAMB342.jpg

above picture looks like its flat on the clamp but the picture is not a busa?

Thanks!

I bought one of these the other day, i don't know how other people have found them but in my opinion they need recalling. qpddd and i both have them and they are ill fitting and poor in design. I have ended up doctoring it to fit to my tank bolt.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    262.6 KB · Views: 505
Back