Got passed by a squid today

I don't think there is a one of us that, at one time or another, haven't exercised squidly behavior. We ride Busa's, after all...we love power. Folks with no squidly tendencies whatsoever do not by Hayabusa's.

I can't promise that I'll never do a squid-like move again...cause most likely, I will. (But I'll do it with gear)

Take today for example...I was cruisin along a street in town....mindin' my own business, in first gear...doing about 35 mph. The street has this rise coming up, as it goes over a canal.. The PERFECT spot to just twist a little...UP comes the front wheel...YEA!...dam that'd be fun! I hold back the temptation...there are cars coming in the other direction....so I put over the rise... to find a city policeman sitting at the side street..

THAT would have been ugly.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to CONSTANTLY keep myself in check.

I am not always successful. But I try. I rode for 3 hours today....only did ONE wheelie. And that was where no one was looking.

I'm so stinkin proud of myself!
tounge.gif

Here squid squid squid... c'mon... (whistle whistle)... atta boy...

biggrin.gif

Everyone, great advice and great stories. Its nice to keep it real. I'll be going to the advanced MSF this year for a refresher. If a busa owner hasn't been, it might be wise to go. It helps with stuff like this.

Ha, I never do burn outs or wheelies. If I wanted to ride on one wheel, I would have bought a unicycle ;-) I do make my commute a bit faster on the bike than the truck though, I guess speeding in the carpool lane could be squidly depending on traffic load. I stay geared ALWAYS now though. Funny thing about age, it reminds you of your mortality. I hope I dont forget and make a mistake.

Thats a shame about the young fella getting killed. No one is immume to it but running reds and no helmet. Pity he lacked the guidance required.

Anyway, here is a good news squid story, for me anyway. Going to work the other day and I see this bike coming up quick. A Buell (as it turns out), and I held my hand up as he gets into position to blow away the Busa. I guess he considers it a victory because he does a wheelie past me, impressive. However, I was trying to warn him about the speed camera just ahead. flash, bye bye to at least $250 and a handful of points. Lesson learnt, idiot.
biggrin.gif

I thought the same thing yesterday, driving on the street trying to put some mileage one the new bike and here comes a R1 up along side me. I am still nervous after my acident, but I think maybe passing a bike for a while might help. So we go along for a while then stop at a red light. he is wareing a jacket, boots and gloves but no helmet. now its cold out for Texas about 5 degrees maybe not for you gus but for me. Anyway he asks me about "all the gear" and I ask him about his lack of a helmet??? Says I "it saved my life it the last accident". So he says I don't need one and drives off. Nuff said!
rock.gif

WOWWWWW he was sooo koool. "i dont need a helmet".

<!--EDIT|smokin_gunz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142694386 -->

Back