Got my new levers today.

I will take the exposed bolt for $160 less thanks. We are talking about levers man. Not wheels, rotors, or pistons here. I just can't justify 200 buck for a set of pretty levers. Seriously, so if you have 200 dollar levers and you go down and get all scratched, ground up, or broken. Your gonna replace them anyway, even if they have some cute engraving on them.
Sorry that's just not me! I'm not putting together a trailer queen, or a show bike. It must function as a track day assault weapon/ drag strip warrior. I can by a used power commander, or a new ecu and harness for what some guys will spend on levers, or there about.
I wanted a functioning product for as little as possible. Times are tight in today's economy. If they would have just been **** when I opened the package I would have never posted what I posted in the OP. But these are some really nice levers for a really nice price.
So for all the guys that want to slam on the because they aren't billet. Great you did your job. I don't know if they aren't billet. They sure look like it, but if they are cast, then they still have a really nice machined finish on them.
Thanks for all the input! Next time I would like to share a cost saving product on here, I will just keep it to myself.

Just my .02
Speedfreak391:moon:

Very nice , hopefully you don't have any problems with them . do they adjust good ?

I will take the exposed bolt for $160 less thanks. We are talking about levers man. Not wheels, rotors, or pistons here. I just can't justify 200 buck for a set of pretty levers. Seriously, so if you have 200 dollar levers and you go down and get all scratched, ground up, or broken. Your gonna replace them anyway, even if they have some cute engraving on them.
Sorry that's just not me! I'm not putting together a trailer queen, or a show bike. It must function as a track day assault weapon/ drag strip warrior. I can by a used power commander, or a new ecu and harness for what some guys will spend on levers, or there about.
I wanted a functioning product for as little as possible. Times are tight in today's economy. If they would have just been **** when I opened the package I would have never posted what I posted in the OP. But these are some really nice levers for a really nice price.
So for all the guys that want to slam on the because they aren't billet. Great you did your job. I don't know if they aren't billet. They sure look like it, but if they are cast, then they still have a really nice machined finish on them.
Thanks for all the input! Next time I would like to share a cost saving product on here, I will just keep it to myself.

Just my .02
Speedfreak391:moon:

Cough cough... The rotors and brake pads from china work very well... Ask me how I know :whistle:

OK, how do you know? I see you have some pretty nice wave rotors. How well do they work compared to say galfers, or aeromotive? I am or will be looking for new rotors for the race track.

OK, how do you know? I see you have some pretty nice wave rotors. How well do they work compared to say galfers, or aeromotive? I am or will be looking for new rotors for the race track.

I have never had galfers so I can't say. But they definitely work better than the stock rotors and pads I replaced. I don't know about the race track since I never take mine to one but I have ran them pretty hard on some back roads seeing if they perform well and they have not disappointed at all

hmmm. i may be missing something but i dont mind buying foreign stuff for my bike mainly because all the parts come from there OE anyway haha... and for a machinists POV... i dont care cast or chunk theres still machine time there and the diff to clean up a set and make a set in alum billet is probably only 5 minutes run/setup time in a production run so i dont think they are cutting costs there... the hitch is on the tolerence and labor rates, theres a BIG difference where i work on a part that calls for a +/- .010 and a part that is +/- .0001. they look good and if they are a tight +/- .003 i cant see where they would be inferior other than R&D and i dont pay for a name, i pay for R&D.

Back