Got my new levers today.

Speedfreak391

Donating Member
Registered
I have been debating for quit some time now about the crg, piazzo, and all the other adjustable levers our there. A few weeks ago I was on ebay and saw an add for a pair of levers for 25 bucks. You have to tell them what bike they will be for, what color levers, what color adjusters, and short or long.
I ordered Black shorties with red adjusters.
So, 14 days later the mailman works into my office with 2 boxes. When I opened up the first box there was exactly what I ordered in vacum packed bags. They are kick ass looking, and the machining is fantastic.
So, whats in the second box?
Well, well, well, there is a second pair. But they aren't the same. Hmmm?
They are the double adjustable style, you know length, and the adjuster lever. I didn't tell them what year I had so they sent me a second pair for the new busa's. Cool on their part, Great on my part. I got 2 pairs of levers for 25 beans shipped free, and they look great and feel even better on!:thumbsup:
I will add some pics this afternoon!

$25 and free shipping from China. I know the more expensive ones come with a really nice box. But I have enough box's. The price was right, and they look and feel bad ass! I don't know how they can make them for the price they are selling them for. If anyone is interested in a set they are on ebay and I got them from motomarts.

I don't know how they can make them for the price they are selling them for.

Cast aluminum pieces. Then they shave or do a quick milling job to make it look like a CNC piece.

They still look awesome and hopefully they last a life time for you with no issues.

Well, the stockers are cast too, and they usually last until they touch the ground. Then they snap clean off. These look a lot beefier than the stockers so I think they will be a-ok.

I never said cast aluminum was inferior for levers. It works just fine as the factory lavers are cast aluminum also. The question was asked about the cost of manufaturing. Yes I know the Chinese levers are cast aluminum made to look like the more expensive levers. Look at the Pazzo or SpeedMetal levers, made from high grade 6061 aluminum, machined down and anodized. Compare the prices of these levers to the chinese ones and what are you paying for? Practicaly the labor for manufacturing!
Speedfreak391 got a hell of a deal there and I am still shopping for new levers myself!!

well here you go! It looks like they bumped the price up to $39 shipped. I would have paid 40 buck for the levers that got. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sum beach, I know exactly what you are talking about with the metal quality. Big difference when one lever is cast and basically trimmed up. Rather than being completely machined down from a chunk of 6061 billet. I just don't see the point of billet levers on a street bike. On my motocross bike I do have billet avs's for the simple reason that it has a tendency to hit the ground and or trees on a regular basis. I completely agree with your point.

I never said cast aluminum was inferior for levers. It works just fine as the factory lavers are cast aluminum also. The question was asked about the cost of manufaturing. Yes I know the Chinese levers are cast aluminum made to look like the more expensive levers. Look at the Pazzo or SpeedMetal levers, made from high grade 6061 aluminum, machined down and anodized. Compare the prices of these levers to the chinese ones and what are you paying for? Practicaly the labor for manufacturing!
Speedfreak391 got a hell of a deal there and I am still shopping for new levers myself!!

Not to start an argument but I do not believe they are cast aluminum. Proof? I am just curious as to how you are so sure.

material isnt where the price diff is, find a job in china that pays decent and youll figure out why they are so cheap, also they are a copy and use slightly diff methods of assembly, like the folding levers you have with the exposed screw, that wouldnt be that way on the original, theres a reason they didnt take the time to machine and used recessed hardware, its cheaper. all intents and purposes they are fine, posers, but fine.:laugh: :beerchug:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pashnitbusa-com/134271-june-sale-fp-racing-levers.html

heres a link to some bi folding levers here. also the anodizing has been but not always sub standard and fades or wears quicker than they should.

Back