Got My Lean On

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
First, I apologize for the lack of cleanliness of the bike. Don't generally like to post pics of her or have her seen in such a state, but kind of excited about this. So, everyone knows about the accident to Baby J and like most folks I spent a lot of time thinking about what had happened, what went wrong and what I should have done. Actually had my confidence shaken about my riding ability and because of work wasn't able to do much to regain that.

About a month ago I was able to start riding again (literally hadn't ridden in probably 4 months) and have been pretty consistent putting 2 on the road. Started slow for fear of another incident and today was my first group ride since May. The weather was great today and met Bob (NINJA KILLER) to ride and meet the crew at the Fuel. Started down CR 5 and was a little hesitant, but kept thinking about looking through the turn, lean angle and trusting the bike.

After leaving the track and getting out on the roads took again took it slow through some of the early backroads. The confidence picked up though and by the end was feeling pretty good. Certainly nothing to get cocky about, but felt better about handling of the corners. Looked at the rear tire when I got home and was even more excited. So much so I thought I'd share a couple pics.

Midnight__04_Nov_07____1.JPG

And the other side. The floor is rather dirty, but it's going to be cleaned and painted this winter.

Midnight__04_Nov_07____2.JPG

Lookin good bud! Glad to hear you are back in the saddle and feeling better, the confidence will come.
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

You definately have some chicken strips to be proud of
cool.gif

Just remember, you don't always have to come to a stop to make the turns
poke.gif
winkold.gif

What do ya think of the strips in my signature pic charlesbusa? Those are just street miles otherwise they would be a little deeper into the edge
cool.gif

Going down does suck, big time !! At first all you think about (if you're not hurt) is damage to the bike. But that rattle in your confidence might be worse ? GLAD to hear you're back out there, and feel good about it !!
beerchug.gif

glad you are back up and at it...take your time and it will all come back to you
beerchug.gif

Ken, I had no idea you went down....I thought you rode very well...when we wnet through some of those twisties i looked back and you were right there...Glad you got back on your bike...
beerchug.gif

Back