Got my estimate.. now what???

Deno_n_Philly

Registered
Well from my bike falling over on saturday, I got 1 of 2 estimates today.. $4707. My insurance company told me that my deduct is $250, and I have to get 2 estimates, then one of their people will come out and look at it... it needs new:
front fairing
left fairing- blue and the black one
startor cover
tank
clutch lever
foot and clutch pedal
exhaust
So do anyone know what happens next? I am afraid that they will scrap my bike. A guy at the bike shop said since it is so high compared to the value they might, but I might be able to buy it back with a scrap title, cheap.... any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks guys..

You guys were right by the way, I rode her today to the other shop and remembered why I love riding... I got back on her and loved it...

If there is no lienholder most often they will send you the check to do as you wish.
You can buy all that stuff for alot less than $4700 and pocket the rest, that is if ins gives you that amount.

I do not think your bike will get totalled (scrapped). Is the amount ($4707) for parts & labor? If you can do the repairs youserlf, then do as Blanca said and take the check. Best of luck.

They are sending me the check. I was just thinking since its so high compared to the value. Do they use the trade-in or retail value to aappraise the bike? I wanna keep her badly.. so bro, can't buy urs...
Posted via Mobile Device

I was just thinking since its so high compared to the value. Do they use the trade-in or retail value to appraise the bike? I wanna keep her badly.. so bro, can't buy urs...
Posted via Mobile Device

Is the estimate for parts & labor to fix your bike. Or is it to total/scrap your bike?

You can do a lot with that kind of cabbage, if you do your homework!
Posted via Mobile Device

Justin from Honda East can get you excellent prices and save you quite a bit.
The leftover can be used for new mods :)

That estimate is for parts and labor.. not scrap it... hope they don't.. but heard woulnt
Be a bad thing if they did, I could buy her back... hope so
Posted via Mobile Device

Justin from Honda East can get you excellent prices and save you quite a bit.
The leftover can be used for new mods :)

Thank you sir...

Like said above, if the insurance company does not total the bike and gives you the option to do the repairs yourself, then get a hold of me and I'll help you pocket as much coin as possible on the OEM stuff. Maybe we can use some of the left over cash for some performance goodies

:thumbsup:

was gonna offer up my stock exhaust to u, but the pic of your busa looks like u have aftermarket. If u want my stock cans i will let them go for free, just pay for shipping. Also have the stock levers hidden somewhere in my house of crap, if u need the clutch side let me know, more than willing to come off that also

was gonna offer up my stock exhaust to u, but the pic of your busa looks like u have aftermarket. If u want my stock cans i will let them go for free, just pay for shipping. Also have the stock levers hidden somewhere in my house of crap, if u need the clutch side let me know, more than willing to come off that also

Very nice offer....:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. Honda east justn.. I will need to fairings too... this sucks.. at my jersey shore house and no blue betty to love... I'm gettting the second estimate done now... so we shall see... I need a front brake lever...
Posted via Mobile Device

Dude this so sucks!!! I just went through this on my 03. I was with State Farm all of 3 months (GEICO 6 years), when mine happened.

At one point they tried to total mine. I had to fight a few days to get that back on track. To keep it from getting totaled, here is what ended up. They agreed to replace the plastics at their proposed rate, which is full retail plus labor, cut me the check and I can buy what I want, and fix it how I want. There was enough "margin" in that settlement that allowed me to buy the other items needed, and do the work myself, to get the bike back right again.

In my case my speedo got a weird crack in the plastics. That by itself was $800 if they replaced it. So that was left to be my choice.

I can't thank the board members here enough for stepping right up to offer help. GSXcite had a single footpeg on the way to me in hours because he happened to have only needed the other one. Things like this, people like here, are what help in these times.

Justin at Honda East was right there helping with plastics. Even after they got bad plastics from Suzuki, they never stopped working to make sure I got what I was expecting.

It was a painful process, but my bike is back to where it was before and it will all be a distant memory in a few months.

I will offer anything I can to help you get through this. It makes you sick to think about, hang in there, we'll get you thru it.

Back