Got a new truck

Wayneovich

Registered
New to me anyway :laugh: 03 Lightning 52,XXX miles, 1 owner, and completely stock. Man I have been looking for one for a while, everyone I found was either overpriced or seen better days. I like it I like it alot :laugh:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Thanks man yes it has a cover what you got mod wise?

I kept the mods "mild" since I had planned to give it to my eldest daughter for her 18th b-day.

4-lb lower pulley, JLP plenum, JLP Ram Air kit, magnaflow cat-back exhaust, single blade throttle body (SBTB), dyno/tune using a Predator handheld programmer. Only the pulley swap is the legit power-adder, all the rest are debatable.

Real gains come from modding/upgrading the supercharger. Stocker can be ported or replaced by a Magnum Powers, Whipple or Kenne Belle. Internals, injectors, MAF, etc. need to be upgraded to be on the safe side. Do some surfing @ NLOC, the real experts/gurus will have better tips.
P.S. You in love with the whine of that supercharger yet :)

Almost forgot, there are of course mods for LOOKS :) Last but not least, did the previous owner get an SVT Certificate with the truck's build #? Then you can get Saleen-style stickers like this:

DSC01241.JPG

I kept the mods "mild" since I had planned to give it to my eldest daughter for her 18th b-day.

4-lb lower pulley, JLP plenum, JLP Ram Air kit, single blade throttle body (SBTB), dyno/tune using a Predator handheld programmer. Only the pulley swap is the legit power-adder, all the rest are debatable.

Real gains come from modding/upgrading the supercharger. Stocker can be ported or replaced by a Magnum Powers or Kenne Belle. Internals and injectors need to be upgraded to be on the safe side. Do some surfing @ NLOC, the real experts/gurus will have better tips.
P.S. You in love with the whine of that supercharger yet :)

Yeah it sounds sweet I might get a pulley for it, I already got a CAI for it and I'am currently looking at exhaust and will probably finish it up with a tune. Other than that just do the routine maintenance.

He did not get a cert. can these still be obtained? I plan on doing the oil mod and FTVB they look to be the most helpful mods.

He did not get a cert. can these still be obtained? I plan on doing the oil mod and FTVB they look to be the most helpful mods.

To get the build date/number, call 800-Ford-SVT. They will let you know what info you need to provide. IIRC, the SVT certificate will cost about 40 bucks.

Good call on the oil sep and FTVB (I have both on mine). I used the "original" but there are other versions: Factory Tech | Frequently Asked Questons

Highly recommend checking/cleaning the intercooler if you're going to add an oil separator. Pic below is a sample of how much crud can be clogging your IC: (might as well do spark plugs if you will remove the IC)
9936d1120701251-all-future-intercooler-cleaners-check-out-dirty.jpg

Love that truck! That's my favorite color Lightning, you hardly EVER see that color! Nice find! :thumbsup:

Back