Google Is Watching

Pffffft… you guys sound like a bunch of conspiracy theorists.
The govt only wants the best for you, there is no “tracking” or “tracing”, get real guys, our governments would never allow it, we are all free individuals and the government answers to us!!
Okay…. Back to reality. . .
No matter what the technology can do, WE humans can do better, these examples you have cited absolutely prove how creative people can be, be it for good or evil uses.
Never forget, the tech is only a tool in the hands of us all, if it’s invasive or interrupting our lives (cell phones for example) stop using it. . . Aaaaahh yes, I forgot, we just can not function as a society without the devices now.
People are so easily trained into habits, whether it’s self training or by manipulation from an outside influence.
This is one of the main weaknesses of the human, easily trained and a resulting dependency from said training.
I know approximately 200 people, and out of that 200(ish) people only one does not have a cell phone… he flat out refuses to use one, unless it’s someone else’s.
I’ve asked him the reason why he doesn’t have one and the answer?
“I’m not going to be tracked and traced and have every word I say checked by some program that can have me scrutinised and possibly detained for something I said taken out of context.
It’s a full time listening device and can record everything visually and audio, that’s the end of privacy, it’s just better without a track/trace device in my life”
Question: does anyone else here know anyone who also refuses to have a cell phone for these reasons?
I’d be interested to know. . .
For years and years I had the most basic flip-phone known to exist only because I was often deployed and getting a land-line call was next to impossible.

I have a fancy one now but use it for basically Facetiming the grand kids....most times I treat my phone like a land-line and it stays in the house if I'm not going anywhere...but it's a great tool to have just in case something happens when I'm on the move....

I do have a friend who refuses to get one, not because of the fact he will be tracked (he could care less) but he just doesn't want to be able to be contacted all the time and therefore a slave to a phone...however, he has been recently been rethinking this ideology as a phone is a tool that can be handy for things once in a while....for instance, he has a Generac home generator and at this time, he has no way for it to communicate with him to let him know any faults or service requirements as this is the only way it can do this.

I do see people who absolutely can't function without their phone in their hand or on their person....people remember to have their phones on them but don't have a clue where their kids are....

For years and years I had the most basic flip-phone known to exist only because I was often deployed and getting a land-line call was next to impossible.

I have a fancy one now but use it for basically Facetiming the grand kids....most times I treat my phone like a land-line and it stays in the house if I'm not going anywhere...but it's a great tool to have just in case something happens when I'm on the move....

I do have a friend who refuses to get one, not because of the fact he will be tracked (he could care less) but he just doesn't want to be able to be contacted all the time and therefore a slave to a phone...however, he has been recently been rethinking this ideology as a phone is a tool that can be handy for things once in a while....for instance, he has a Generac home generator and at this time, he has no way for it to communicate with him to let him know any faults or service requirements as this is the only way it can do this.

I do see people who absolutely can't function without their phone in their hand or on their person....people remember to have their phones on them but don't have a clue where their kids are....
A very 'balanced' viewpoint there Bill, yes the phones sure are handy, I can not argue with that, but it is easy for the young'uns (and the not so young'uns) to become enslaved to it and so dependant it's ridiculous.
But there is a whole generation that know no other way of living and just can not function with out it, they would feel naked without it.
Thank God our generation have known the times when there was no cell phone coms.

A very 'balanced' viewpoint there Bill, yes the phones sure are handy, I can not argue with that, but it is easy for the young'uns (and the not so young'uns) to become enslaved to it and so dependant it's ridiculous.
But there is a whole generation that know no other way of living and just can not function with out it, they would feel naked without it.
Thank God our generation have known the times when there was no cell phone coms.
I shudder to think of how the younger generation (including my 35 yr old son) would react if something happened to the cell network or they had to work in an environment where they couldn't have a cell phone....

There are literally people turning down jobs because they aren't allowed to have cell phones in their workplace....when a device takes over a person's life, there is a real problem...in many ways cell phone addiction is right up there with drug addiction...

I shudder to think of how the younger generation (including my 35 yr old son) would react if something happened to the cell network or they had to work in an environment where they couldn't have a cell phone....

There are literally people turning down jobs because they aren't allowed to have cell phones in their workplace....when a device takes over a person's life, there is a real problem...in many ways cell phone addiction is right up there with drug
Madness.

I was off walking the neighbor's dog and was talking to another neighbor about this thread and how people (not just younger ones) are obsessed with their phones...

He was saying his neighbor had to call the ambulance when his 11 yr old daughter went into some sort of anxiety/panic attack when they took her phone away......and that's when she is 11 just wait until she's older and imagine what awaits her...

One thing I'm noting these days is more and more people on their phones while behind the wheel....the other day I was siting at a red light and a car sitting diagonally from me at green light wasn't moving-when I looked she had her head down on her phone and actually missed her light cycle....the guy in the truck opposite me in the intersection was just shaking his head.....but nobody honked at her....we let her sit.....I was half expecting her to all of a sudden look up in panic and go right through a red light.

I'm a total creature of habit, and I've noticed recently when as usual I go into the garage around 10am to go to the gym, Google Maps pops up a notification that the route to the gym is clear. WTF? How does it know I'm going to the gym? I obviously don't use Maps to get there. My phone is sending my location constantly?
Can’t track this. Carburetor, points and condenser, no ECU.

View attachment 1673341
Yeah unless your phone is in your pocket lol

I have the location shut off on my phone and I believe all the other tracking apps....it keeps prompting me to initiate them but I never do...

I have the location shut off on my phone and I believe all the other tracking apps....it keeps prompting me to initiate them but I never do...
I guess my point is that the app knows specifically where I'm apt to go at a certain time of day, and before I even leave. Very big brotherish, but I don't really care; if anybody monitors my moves and dialogue they'll get bored quickly lol.

I guess my point is that the app knows specifically where I'm apt to go at a certain time of day, and before I even leave. Very big brotherish, but I don't really care; if anybody monitors my moves and dialogue they'll get bored quickly lol.
My computer does this....if I go on Amazon and look for something, that same thing appears on my home page in an advertisement box....

Back