Google Is Watching

MonkeyButtRides

Registered
Nothing in this short vid surprises me at all. I wrote an Android app for a customer that would store GPS data in the background and upload to their backend when a connection is available. It's actually quite easy. Personally, I don't think they are even showing you all the data the phone collects in this video. They probably hid some of the more sensitive stuff so there is no public uproar or outlash against Google.

keepthehairlowletthebeardgrow on TikTok

Nothing in this short vid surprises me at all. I wrote an Android app for a customer that would store GPS data in the background and upload to their backend when a connection is available. It's actually quite easy. Personally, I don't think they are even showing you all the data the phone collects in this video. They probably hid some of the more sensitive stuff so there is no public uproar or outlash against Google.

keepthehairlowletthebeardgrow on TikTok
The time will come that when you are going mach speed on your bike and have your phone with you "big brother" will be able to track you and log your speed...

Probably already do because lots of vehicles are already "on-line"

The time will come that when you are going mach speed on your bike and have your phone with you "big brother" will be able to track you and log your speed...

Probably already do because lots of vehicles are already "on-line"
How do you think google maps works?? GPS, as you I'm sure you know has speed associated with it, so if cars are going slower than the speed limit Google maps will color the route yellow or red depending upon how slow traffic is flowing.

How do you think google maps works?? GPS, as you I'm sure you know has speed associated with it, so if cars are going slower than the speed limit Google maps will color the route yellow or red depending upon how slow traffic is flowing.
I'm aware of how Google Maps work....what I was saying is for now, we aren't being tracked for legal purposes....yet.....

I've heard it's coming though....the government here is asking for speed controllers to be mandatory on new cars...I'm not sure if it will become a reality though....

I'm aware of how Google Maps work....what I was saying is for now, we aren't being tracked for legal purposes....yet.....

I've heard it's coming though....the government here is asking for speed controllers to be mandatory on new cars...I'm not sure if it will become a reality though....

They basically can now anyway if you think about it, as your phone, and your car or truck's ecu will tell you it's speed and location by time, and either or both could be evidence in court.
And, OnStar has been around for quite a few years now.

They basically can now anyway if you think about it, as your phone, and your car or truck's ecu will tell you it's speed and location by time, and either or both could be evidence in court.
There is a place in Europe which is trailing electronic speed controls in vehicles which automatically slows them down in certain zones (schools and subdivisions).....

Like you mentioned the frame work is already in place for this now....

True true! I remember when Jeeps were first full drive by wire, a couple of hackers used OnStar to gain control of the jeep, apply brakes, that was probably over a decade ago when I saw it. It was on a 60 minute or dateline type show.

True true! I remember when Jeeps were first full drive by wire, a couple of hackers used OnStar to gain control of the jeep, apply brakes, that was probably over a decade ago when I saw it. It was on a 60 minute or dateline type show.
I read that people who owned high end Audis and BMWs in Ottawa were cautioned regarding a theft ring who were hacking into the systems of these cars and driving them away......

Can’t track this. Carburetor, points and condenser, no ECU.

IMG_3608.png

I read that people who owned high end Audis and BMWs in Ottawa were cautioned regarding a theft ring who were hacking into the systems of these cars and driving them away......
I saw a video on some social media site where thieves were building antennas to redirect a key fob signal from inside someone's house to their car outside and just driving away. I think in theory that could work and many people leave their keys right by the front door. Now we need a faraday cage for our keys.

I saw a video on some social media site where thieves were building antennas to redirect a key fob signal from inside someone's house to their car outside and just driving away. I think in theory that could work and many people leave their keys right by the front door. Now we need a faraday cage for our keys.
There was a theft ring in Ottawa which was caught, they were using tablets and had a program that scanned a vehicle and mimicked the signal from the fob...they'd drive up and down streets with this program running and when the saw lights flash on certain vehicles, they'd simply take the tablet and drive the vehicle away and set up new fobs later....

The police found 6 or 7 tablets in a van all running this program when they stopped them...

They used this system locally where they stole 2 Ram TRX......the fobs were in a safe box (non-readable) in the dealership. At first they thought it was an inside job but all the fobs were accounted for. Video surveillance caught a van where 2 people exited with what appeared to be tablets go to the TRX trucks and drive them away and they have never been recovered...

Technology is great and scary at the same time.

thats no theory - it is real.

hundreds to thousands of modern key-less cars were already theft here in germany by this trick

the trick is to electronically extend the signal in so-called keyless cars from outside the house in which the car key is located until the car is opened , 100% unlocked and ready to be driven away .

that's why here in germany there are always instructions to store the key-less transmitter (car key) in a "bag" lined with aluminum foil or in a metal box in the house / apartment .

then the key is, so to say, essentially deactivated and its signal can no longer be picked up (and extended) even at a distance of less than 1 meter.

GeoFences will also be a thing eventually. Rental cars will add surcharges for leaving a geofence, probably surcharge by the hour.

I was visiting with my brothers recently, sharing old stories. Younger brother: "Remember that time when mom rented an RV that charged by the mile and had you disconnect the speedo before we got on the highway..?" LOL. I had forgotten that.

thats no theory - it is real.

hundreds to thousands of modern key-less cars were already theft here in germany by this trick

the trick is to electronically extend the signal in so-called keyless cars from outside the house in which the car key is located until the car is opened , 100% unlocked and ready to be driven away .

that's why here in germany there are always instructions to store the key-less transmitter (car key) in a "bag" lined with aluminum foil or in a metal box in the house / apartment .

then the key is, so to say, essentially deactivated and its signal can no longer be picked up (and extended) even at a distance of less than 1 meter.

The state of Washington gives us an "Armour Shield" sleeve for our driver's licenses.

I read about these in a novel once:

Pffffft… you guys sound like a bunch of conspiracy theorists.
The govt only wants the best for you, there is no “tracking” or “tracing”, get real guys, our governments would never allow it, we are all free individuals and the government answers to us!!
Okay…. Back to reality. . .
No matter what the technology can do, WE humans can do better, these examples you have cited absolutely prove how creative people can be, be it for good or evil uses.
Never forget, the tech is only a tool in the hands of us all, if it’s invasive or interrupting our lives (cell phones for example) stop using it. . . Aaaaahh yes, I forgot, we just can not function as a society without the devices now.
People are so easily trained into habits, whether it’s self training or by manipulation from an outside influence.
This is one of the main weaknesses of the human, easily trained and a resulting dependency from said training.
I know approximately 200 people, and out of that 200(ish) people only one does not have a cell phone… he flat out refuses to use one, unless it’s someone else’s.
I’ve asked him the reason why he doesn’t have one and the answer?
“I’m not going to be tracked and traced and have every word I say checked by some program that can have me scrutinised and possibly detained for something I said taken out of context.
It’s a full time listening device and can record everything visually and audio, that’s the end of privacy, it’s just better without a track/trace device in my life”
Question: does anyone else here know anyone who also refuses to have a cell phone for these reasons?
I’d be interested to know. . .

Back