Good News, I get my bike back!

E Zurcher

Registered
Found out yesterday insurance will pay out to fix my bike. Total repair cost is 4500 bucks of which I will pay 500. That is to replace the top and right side plastics, fender, mirror and the Yoshi R77s. Seems like a lot of money for a couple of fairings and an exhaust. They will also replace my slightly damaged helmet. Now for the long wait of waiting for the parts to come in and the dealer to fix it.

I really did not want them to total it because I cannot afford to buy it back right now with two kids starting college in the Fall and needing to buy them a beater mobile to get around with. Plus, this bike seems like an old friend. Besides, I only have a year and a half of payments left and she will be paid off just in time to trade her in on a Gen 3!!!!

I went through the same fight on a garage drop. They actually were going to total it for about a month. Had to fight it. All that CHYT is expensive on these bikes.

Pretty unreal. Wasn't a fight though, State Farm said they were within their formula because they didn't need to "run the numbers" whatever that means. Fortunately the bike has held its value pretty well and in the pristine condition it was in, and will be again is still worth about 8K at least to me. On the good side is my exhaust was due for a repack and since they are replacing the whole thing I can wait another 10K or so.

Back