Going on a high powered bike ride today

Hayabusa-J.R.

Registered
went out yesterday with my friend on his 2005 zx10.we went up near new hope and back.his bike is nice,we didnt do to many straight aways but when we did you know what happen!!!no but really we would be cruising at 100-or 110 and when a car would see us coming and got out of our way up ahead i would quickly down shift twice and punch it and i would shoot past him everytime by atleast 15 bike lenghts.but when we got home he said he never downshifted just stayed in sixth gear.so today we are meeting up with a 2001 r1,2006 gsxr1000,and his 2005 zx10 for a highway run it should be intersting.the guy on the 2001 r1 said he is already dead becuase his only dynoed 131 horsepower,wow 1000's sure came along way since 2001.and the guy on the 2006 gsxr 1000 just got it and i was told really is afraid of getting on it still but we'll see.i'll let you guys no more when i get home..

Watch that gixxer,he'll surprise you.:;):
Most definitely, my buddy has a new 06 and believe me it will get your attention and more
AAAssjani.gif

My freind has an 06 GSXR 1000 and it has mods, which make it dead even with my stock busa until 150 when I start pulling away. he had it dynoed and it made 161 hp. I don't know what torque is but definitaly less than busa.

My freind has an 06 GSXR 1000 and it has mods, which make it dead even with my stock busa until 150 when I start pulling away. he had it dynoed and it made 161 hp. I don't know what torque is but definitaly less than busa.
Torque should be around 70+ ft/lbs.

I'm getting a Gixx pretty soon but it's only gonna be a track/race bike. Can't wait!!!

biggrin.gif
 The gixxer is quick
+1

according to one member (dont remember if it was Tufbusa or Justintime2), they did a trackday/track school with Aaron Yates of AMA Superbike/Superstock Yoshimura Suzuki and he said that the new 07 Gixxer 1K will have 180 rwhp.

Dont know how much truth there is to this but since he's RACING Superstock (Stock motorcycles w/light mods such as pipe/PC/etc), that's as close to Suzuki R&D as you'll get.

<!--EDIT|gtrpimp76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155881889 -->

I topped out at 186 (man I need to get a TRE)
2000 busa was pulling away from me when all sudden a 2003 GSXR1000 went by me like I was standing still
rock.gif

2K Busa said gixxr went by him when he was at 202.
I would like to know what kind of mods he has on that bike
blush.gif

Anyone around here ridden or know anything about the new R1? I'm in the market for a new track bike and I'm thinking about a 1k. I'm a huge fan of that scorpion looking undertail with just the tips of the exhaust sticking out of it. Plus I've heard a lot of good things about the R1's ability in the corners and in general. I'd just like get anyone's opinion of the goofy looking thing.
blush.gif

A friend of mine has a 2005 R1
We switched a couple of times. Very different ride for me; seems like I am to far over the tank compared to the Busa.
I am 6'2" & 210lbs, So the Busa fits me like a glove; R1 is a little too tight for my taste.

My .02

just sold my r1 to get my 'busa...i loved that bike. it had a graves full system, pc, filter, down one front/ up two rear, velocity stacks...it ran good, no dead spots and pulled like crazy from every gear. wish i couldve kept it too...

Back