Gloves from Hell?

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK I felt these gloves were pretty over the top but pretty cool...  
So do you all think they scream Squid?  

I was thinking that the burliest gloves I have seen Kinda fit with the burliest bike there is.... Check them out at <span style='color:royalblue'>Web Bike world</span>.

According to the review they are pretty decent...Thoughts?

Although you would sorta look like a Member of the KISS army...

I tried them on at the Cycle World motorcycle show. I had every intention of buying them, but they are cut very very small. I normally wear an XL, but I tried on their XXL and I couldn't even get them half-way on. I love the looks, but they're cut too small for me.

Wow! VERY COOL! My hands aren't very big so they should fit. But I want to try a pair on before ordering.

Know what they say about guys with big hands and what the correlation is? BAH! That has to be BS!
biggrin.gif

Dep

Yeah wait I know this one, Big hands, Big Feet...Means, Big Gloves, Big Boots...

I cant wear anything Icon makes, its all too small for me. The gloves are cool as hell, but two sizes too small in the xxl.
Helmets are two sizes too small also, there xxl fits like a M in a shoei.

couple thoughts for ya Revlis .
1. U live in florida right...I think there gonna be a bit warm for ya
2. that metal has me thinkin' . will it heat up real bad,come apart,just melt in a slide? Girlfriend of mine slid a couple summers ago ,not far at all, her leather was fine,but the heat transfered thru an' melted her fleece .
3. That metal on the palms , is there enuff padding under that so that yer not gonna feel them lil tack lookin things. Are those tacks gonna wear out yer grips pre-maturely.
Not tryin to bash yer choice.....just thinkin' out loud.
I'll take a pic if I can, of my summer gloves , tell me what ya think .

the summer ones...well one pair of 'em anyway...seem to have half a dozen around .

gloves_001.jpg

hopefully a better pic, so u can see what they look like,I think there pretty tuff lookin

gloves_002.jpg

and my winter ones if yer interested....anyone . I've rode in minus 2 with 'em , thats celcius....about 28-30 in real temp(fareinheit) or however you spell it .

gloves_004.jpg

If anyone wants to buy anything thru my buddies shop,he gives me great deals . The Joe Rocket gloves listed for 220 dollars . Thats Canadian . He gave them to me for 90 $. Now if one of my US buddies wanted a pair , the exchange rate is too funny . I think you guys get 160 Can $ for every 100 US greenbacks . I dont know if all this adds up to savings for you guys . You'll have to do some homework . Apparantly you can use tricks like sending things thru the mail with "Warantee Return" written on the outside of the package,then you dont get the crap beat outa yer wallet at the border and customs . Who knows . I'm not positive . But if anybody want to buy anything up here, I'll do what I can to help . later boys an' girls .

side.jpg

these are UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST GLOVES I have ever owned. Im very happy with them.

They are tuff as HELL on the outside, and very soft and supple on the inside.

They look great.

nuf said.

side.jpg

these are UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST GLOVES I have ever owned. Im very happy with them.

They are tuff as HELL on the outside, and very soft and supple on the inside.

They look great.

nuf said.
holly freakin' ,ROAD WARRIOR FROM HELL MEETS THE TERMINATOR . You goin' out ridin' or are you goin out to "Clash with the TITANS". Them knuckle-dusters are sumfin' ferrosious . They are however kinda cool . And if gladiator competitions , or jousting comes back into style...yer all set .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Rubberside,
Hell, I appreciate the input!
Heres what I know thus far, the Ti Plates are free floating, they are actually not attached directly to the leather that contacts your skin, Kushitani I think started this concept.
The studed Palm is backed by a Nomex Pad and then another piece of leather. The palm is made from "Pittard's Armor-tan ceramic infused leather". Not exactly sure what this is, but it sound impressive!'"[/QUOTE]
By all accounts they should hold up pretty well, and hey I cannot get the old <span style='color:orangered'>Bugs Bunny Brick in glove Duel challenges out of my head!!!</span>
Heat is another story, right now I am wearing some pretty meek looking Joe Rocket Phoenix type of gloves and I don't know that I really trust them. I needed some gloves when I picked up the bike and they were cheap and they fit. They are the little SHort Gauntlet, Synthetic things with the Hard knuckles. The Icon TiMax are bound to be hotter than these but is that really to much of a concern...I dunno yet, I wish I could try some on though because I am thinking I may not find any that fit...
I will probably do the Gloves like you have if I cannot get into the TiMax, I just thought they looked pretty crazy...though it would make getting into a bar fight sort of appealing...

Nickslick, where did you get those and how much were they. They look futuristic in a gladiator kinda way. Not for everyday riding, but hey I'ld add them to my collection lolol

Hey All,
The Icon Timax gloves are about $150 retail, though i have found them at a couple of places for about $130.
Monster, Not Heavy, Titanium plates, pretty light...
Though in a "Hippie" kinda way they coul dbe considered "Heavy Man".

At the top of this thread is a link to a review I read...Cycle World reviews them as well if you can believe anything written by an American bike rag...

I tried these on at the local shop and got a small scratch. There was a burr not ground down from the factory. Funny thing, I didnt feel it the salesmen noticed I was getting blood on everything.
These gloves fit nicely. The scariest thing about them tho is scratching my bike. The metal goes all around the collar.

Yeah thats a good point, all that metal that close to the bike, a tank bra would be required and you would have to remember not to try and wipe rain of your visor...

Yeah thats a good point, all that metal that close to the bike, a tank bra would be required and you would have to remember not to try and wipe rain of your visor...
what if ya had to pick yer nose
rock.gif
or scratch yer butt
rock.gif

what if ya wanted to get a little...you know...shall we say,COSY , with the Mrs . then what ?
Kiddin'....they look like "COOO glubs" .

rock.gif

Back