Gixxer 1000..disposable?

wickedsprint

Registered
I know people have said that the Gixxer 1000s aftermarket should catch ours, but I am starting to wonder if that is true due to its construction. Plus i am not sure I trust their titanium valves, in the dirtbike world yamaha is the only one that seems to have it down safely which is also reflected in the R1 needing its first valve check at 26,600 miles. One of the very things I really like about the hayabusa engine is that you can remove the cylinder jugs old school style, if you ever burn a piston and damage a bore, you are not looking at huge bucks to fix the entire upper case, worse case replace the 4 holed jug) Yamaha recently did this with the R1 starting with the 04 model as well, to make it like ours. So is the gixxer sleeved with removable sleeves, or is it essentially throwaway? I'd imagine it is a ##### to set it up in a jig to bore the cylinders. Another One of the biggest things (to me) going for the busa engine is so many like examples made, 6 years now virtually unchanged I'd imagine and likely 06 as well, then 07 comes the new tier of emissions standards that should make the bikes all have cats. The busa engine also used in alot of the racing open wheel cars and whatnot so that is one reason we have an extensive aftermarket of cranks rods and pistons, unlike alot of other bikes. I personally won't buy a new bike anymore unless it employs the classic construction like we have. Discuss.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119958597 -->

Agreed... This made my decision to rebuild very simple! The choice to go big was simple economics (same money to go big as stock)
smile.gif

It's apparent that you know very little about the Busa motor. The Busa motor does not have jugs (sleeves) in the cylinder block.

<!--EDIT|Gixx1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119961211 -->

It's apparent you have no manners, when you can remove the cylinder assembly it can be reffered to as a "jug", so I used a little bit of license in refferring to the 4 pot cylinder assembly (removable) as a "jug", The cylinder assembly in the busa is removable, which is why not having sleeves is not a big deal. Thanks though. I was trying to figure out the gixxer engine, whether or not it has sleeves since the cylinder block is cast into the case.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119966317 -->

disposable......?
R1 is quickly disposed of by '05 Gixxer's........

They need to work on their excellence and attention to detail. Under 'Inline 3 or 4 Cylinder' it refers to a GSXR1300. Where are they found?

I looked at the schematic today.
Its a throwaway, unless you know someone to jig it..... like Millenium or some ####.

Look at the price differences as well, not to mention if you damage a cylinder in the gixxer motor, the case is likely destroyed. This is readily obvious to everyone else dude. The gixxer puts out good numbers and gets good reviews, i would just not trust it for a long term bike like the busa engine. I remeber when the CBR 900RR started doing this, and I wondered wtf..why build a performance engine with the same block construction of a briggs and stratton lawnmower engine.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120101376 -->

Back