'09 gsx-r 1000

Crap, I had just about made my mind up on what my next bike was going to be ( soon) and You show me this, ,,,,Dang!! If It will fit a tall person and has 190 hp. man I gotta have one.

I wonder how accurate the HP numbers are? I was talking to a dyno tuner, he said the 08 Busa and zx-14 are neck in neck at 172 with a PC and slip-ons.. He has a portable dyno he takes to the track, SOOO I wonder what the real Numbers will be on the 1K?

Crap, I had just about made my mind up on what my next bike was going to be ( soon) and You show me this, ,,,,Dang!! If It will fit a tall person and has 190 hp. man I gotta have one.

How tall are ya? I'm 6'0 215 lbs and I fit my Gixx1K like a glove, full tuck and no discomfort at all. Of course I had to work very hard to eliminate my belly. I dont quite have 6 pack abs, but it's a heck of alot flatter than it was a year ago.

BTW-I've talked to a couple of local club racers who race, and they say the 1 mm larger bore and shorter stroke is pretty similar to what they have in their current 186+ rwhp racebikes. And the new 09 may have even more potential for tuning and being a purpose-built race SUPERBIKE capable of 200+ rwhp. Imagine the possibilities with this bad boy.

Last edited:
I wonder how accurate the HP numbers are? I was talking to a dyno tuner, he said the 08 Busa and zx-14 are neck in neck at 172 with a PC and slip-ons.. He has a portable dyno he takes to the track, SOOO I wonder what the real Numbers will be on the 1K?

It depends on the dyno too as I am constantly learning. The Dynojet 250i, is one of the most humbling/accurate dynos out there, and as long as the operator does not meddle with the drum and other variables, they are pretty spot on. My '08 Hayabusa with a full Muzzy exhaust and nothing else, except a pretty long chain, made 171.73. I have seen stock Busas at 165 and ZX14's as low as 161. On a side note, I am so ditching my '05 Gixxer for an 09, in late December...of next year that is. I hate depreciation. You eat it.

Sat through the seminar today at SUZUKI SHOW on the NEW GSXR 1000 Powerfull , awesome machine new and improved in everyway:cheerleader:

1000.jpg

who cares what it weighs in at, might be 2 or 3 people here that could even tell the difference or ride the thing where it would make a difference.. Try Jenny if you need less weight... :laugh:

Bike is way too good for the street and probably more of a track bike than most guys can ride I bet....

I want one.. park it next to the busa I can not wring out either... :whistle:

Sell the Busa. We would miss you on the forum, but hey its worth the loss.

YOU BUMPED YOUR HEAD BROTHER :stoopid: :banghead: Y yes the Gix1k is an Great bike, How in the HELL could you advise a Fellow .org/friend to give up his BUSA for a 1k ??? The Busa is one of the BEST all around bikes out today...... There isnt very many people on here that would ever be "ABLE" to ride the 1k for what is made for! :cookoo:
BTW, 191hp? Remember the K8 busa was "supposedly" 200hp! Remember? Not saying this ain't a AWESOME MACHINE, but IMO, There's NO WAY i'd give up the busa for a 1k :nono: Now if you could do BOTH :bounce:

YOU BUMPED YOUR HEAD BROTHER :stoopid: :banghead: Y yes the Gix1k is an Great bike, How in the HELL could you advise a Fellow .org/friend to give up his BUSA for a 1k ??? The Busa is one of the BEST all around bikes out today...... There isnt very many people on here that would ever be "ABLE" to ride the 1k for what is made for! :cookoo:
BTW, 191hp? Remember the K8 busa was "supposedly" 200hp! Remember? Not saying this ain't a AWESOME MACHINE, but IMO, There's NO WAY i'd give up the busa for a 1k :nono: Now if you could do BOTH :bounce:

Forgive me brother for I have erred :bowdown:

Back