Gilles chain adjusters

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I did the search and really did not find the answrs to my questions.
First I believe the ones listed for Gen I will fit a Gen II correct ?
Second how easy are they to install ?
I keep seeing comments regarding drilling the swingarm or something to install them ?
Can anyone shed light on this for me ?

CaBusaGirl I believe those are the new style and do not fit Busa or bking ?
I would like to have those because they are shorter in length than the others but I think they only fit up to Gxr1K ?

They are easy to put on. You have to take the axel off, mount the side plate (that faces out), put a bolt in where the stock adj was (that keeps the new adj from moving back), and then there are 2 bolts that pass through the side plate and sandwich the swing arm with a small bracket. The directions are fairly clear.

gilles_chain_adjusters.jpg

Last edited:
you don't have to drill, but you can. Like mentioned above they come with clips that clamp at the end of the swing arm and the axle runs from outside in. I've had mine on for about 2 years now with no issues.

I did the search and really did not find the answrs to my questions.
First I believe the ones listed for Gen I will fit a Gen II correct ?
Second how easy are they to install ?
I keep seeing comments regarding drilling the swingarm or something to install them ?
Can anyone shed light on this for me ?

you don't have to drill, but you can. Like mentioned above they come with clips that clamp at the end of the swing arm and the axle runs from outside in. I've had mine on for about 2 years now with no issues.

+1

I love mine! Gilles makes a great quality product. The adjusters are not hard to install & most importantly they are easy to micro adjust :thumbsup:
The 99-07 KTS model is the one you want & will fit a GenII

Here's a couple pics of them on my ride (Ripley)

3868052807_00a409db6c_o.jpg

Good Stuff!
3868054739_a192e9b6c7_o.jpg

One more: I also have the optional GP lifters for a stand :thumbsup:
3868834428_5c9c3e4aa1_o.jpg

+1

I love mine! Gilles makes a great quality product. The adjusters are not hard to install & most importantly they are easy to micro adjust :thumbsup:
The 99-07 KTS model is the one you want & will fit a GenII

Here's a couple pics of them on my ride (Ripley)

3868052807_00a409db6c_o.jpg

Good Stuff!
3868054739_a192e9b6c7_o.jpg

One more: I also have the optional GP lifters for a stand :thumbsup:
3868834428_5c9c3e4aa1_o.jpg

I have seen those Break...... See vid clip

- FAIL/BREAKAGE - Titan Motorcycle Battle - 500HP Turbo Busa vs. 350HP Suzuki Hayabusa[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen those Break...... See vid clip

- FAIL/BREAKAGE - Titan Motorcycle Battle - 500HP Turbo Busa vs. 350HP Suzuki Hayabusa[/url]

That has been debunked on here many times. It's a FACT that it was directly correlated to improper installation. Do a search if you like. I'm not about to do it for you when I know whats, what.

Secondly...Saiid's not looking to get 500hp or even 350hp out of his bike, therefore the Gilles chain adjusters would be a great choice for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That has been debunked on here many times. It's a FACT that it was directly correlated to improper installation. Do a search if you like. I'm not about to do it for you when I know whats, what.

Secondly...Saiid's not looking to get 500hp or even 350hp out of his bike, therefore the Gilles chain adjusters would be a great choice for him.

No need for me to do a search. They were installed correctly on the GSXR 1000. Do a search before you think you know what is going on.

No need for me to do a search. They were installed correctly on the GSXR 1000. Do a search before you think you know what is going on.

I'm good thanks. :poke:
Blanca Busa should have enough information, mine & yours ....to make a qualified decision on whether these would work for him or not. Although if you would like to be more helpful...feel free to post up what you think would be a feasible replacement compared to the Gilles.

However given enough time, I imagine anyone can find a link to any given product that shows it had a "failure" at one point or another.

I don't plan on stacking a bunch of Home Depot washers behind them so I am not worried about them breaking .
I know nothing about them or physics but a simple look at the pics of the 500hp Busa in which they broke tells me the guy was an IDIOT !
The cracks on the adjs are exactly in the same spot as the washers.
He improperly installed them and if he had used spacers that supported the whole thing that would not have happened!

I just don't want to buy the old ones only to find out they are fixin to release the new ones for Busa!
Guess I'm making a call to the UK !
Thanks Takeuon for the pics.
Blanca will look nice with some black ones on her !

ps.....who says I'm not going 500hp ? A guy can dream can't he ?

Last edited:
Simple-look at the pics in themominator's post. Let me know when you get a Degree in Automotive Structural Engineering

Another product I'd love to have on my bike. Maybe someday...

One question I have though about the additional pieces that you use for lifting: what kinda modification do you have to do to your stands for those to work?

Last edited:
Another product I'd love to have on my bike. Maybe someday...

One question I have though about the additional pieces that you use for lifting: what kinda modification do you have to do to your stands for those to work?

The Vortex stand I have has a reversible mounting bracket on it for both types of lifters. Either the spool design (pic below) or the GP lifter design (like in my pic above) So no modification needed. The spool design is much more common. But I'm not a fan of the way spools look on my bike. Neither really have a benefit over the other. Just two different styles.

lightech swingarm spools for spooled rear stand.jpg

Last edited:
Gotcha: my stands have the rubber pad for no spools, or the "V" design for spools. Probably wouldnt be too hard to modify them to accept the GP style though.

I don't plan on stacking a bunch of Home Depot washers behind them so I am not worried about them breaking .
I know nothing about them or physics but a simple look at the pics of the 500hp Busa in which they broke tells me the guy was an IDIOT !
The cracks on the adjs are exactly in the same spot as the washers.
He improperly installed them and if he had used spacers that supported the whole thing that would not have happened!

I just don't want to buy the old ones only to find out they are fixin to release the new ones for Busa!
Guess I'm making a call to the UK !
Thanks Takeuon for the pics.
Blanca will look nice with some black ones on her !

ps.....who says I'm not going 500hp ? A guy can dream can't he ?

You're absolutely right about the washers my friend.

And of course you can dream about the mind boggling possibilities of the Busa. That's one of the best things about owning this bike :thumbsup:
Problem is...my dreams end up making my wallet run for the hills :laugh:

The Vortex stand I have has a reversible mounting bracket on it for both types of lifters. Either the spool design (pic below) or the GP lifter design (like in my pic above) So no modification needed. The spool design is much more common. But I'm not a fan of the way spools look on my bike. Neither really have a benefit over the other. Just two different styles.

many thanks for bringing that up, I have the same stands but never thought about that for some reason :thumbsup:

Back