Getting ready for winter

manny08busa

Registered
I have a question that might have been answered before but when storing a bike is it bad on the tires to put the kickstand down and leave it or what is the best way to store a bike. thanks for the input.

If you have to store it without being able to ride it, recommend putting in on stands with a trickly charger.

you could get flat spots on the tires...but the bearings could also get flat spots. Maybe invest in some stands. Or ride it once a month or so. Put some fuel stabalizer also. Take out the battery and put it on a good charger.

...Winter in Texas means it might be 40 degrees in the morning, but a nice 70 in the afternoon.:cheerleader:

you could get flat spots on the tires...but the bearings could also get flat spots. Maybe invest in some stands. Or ride it once a month or so. Put some fuel stabalizer also. Take out the battery and put it on a good charger.

...Winter in Texas means it might be 40 degrees in the morning, but a nice 70 in the afternoon.:cheerleader:

That does it, I am moving south. 40 in the mornings then nice-ish in the afternoon is called summer here!!:banghead:

winter??? what's that??? here our riding season is 365 days

we have two seasons hot and very hot

winter??? what's that??? here our riding season is 365 days

we have two seasons hot and very hot

:guns::guns::guns::guns:

36 degrees this morning--first day of fall. Will soon be mounting the blade on the front of the quad to plow the driveway!! Rochester sucks--I gotta get out of here!

Stands could help...or atleast put some rubber pads or foam insulation under the wheels...must do if parked on concrete floor for winter. A trickle charge is a great idea too. The MULLET is parked on 1 inch rubber flooring over concrete, in front Baxley chock and plugged up to trickle, and I start it once and let it run for over 15 min each month ( from when 1st winter road treatments go down until a big rain storm to wash off all the winter gravels).

Back