Gen3 - couldn't be more disappointed

Put real riders on both and the Ducati would walk it all day long.

Regardless what the Ducati has, it’s sold as an oem bike with factory upgrades right?. Like the GSXR is with BFF Showa forks.
Last I checked, they are real riders. If it takes Rossi to separate the bikes performance then it's a failure in my mind if the average Joe can't even use it or tell a difference. This is the latest tech from Ducati against a 15-year old Gixxer. They shouldn't even be in the same sentence...

Last I checked, they are real riders. If it takes Rossi to separate the bikes performance then it's a failure in my mind if the average Joe can't even use it or tell a difference. This is the latest tech from Ducati against a 15-year old Gixxer. They shouldn't even be in the same sentence...
Kinda like most people who own a FXX Ferrari or La Ferrari wouldn't be with in 20-30 seconds if not more lap time compared to michael Schumacher. Yet people still want the latest and greatest money can buy whether they have the ability to use it or not, I bet Michael could take a c6 z06 and beat an average Joe in a La Ferrari. You can never figure out which motorcycle is the "best" performance wise without putting the very best on them since 99% of the people on this planet can't harness it.

Kinda like most people who own a FXX Ferrari or La Ferrari wouldn't be with in 20-30 seconds if not more lap time compared to michael Schumacher. Yet people still want the latest and greatest money can buy whether they have the ability to use it or not, I bet Michael could take a c6 z06 and beat an average Joe in a La Ferrari. You can never figure out which motorcycle is the "best" performance wise without putting the very best on them since 99% of the people on this planet can't harness it.
I agree but it's not like the good rider was on the Gixxer and the bad rider was on the Ducati. They both rode both bikes and had the same results swapping back and forth..

I agree but it's not like the good rider was on the Gixxer and the bad rider was on the Ducati. They both rode both bikes and had the same results swapping back and forth..
If you trick in an equivalent way a GSX1000 and a GSX750, many ordinary riders will be quicker on the 750 on a small circuit, essentially due to a less frightening power delivery.
A Panigale S in stock trim except with a race exhaust is within 2,1 sec of the GP21 Ducati on the Jerez circuit, one of the best GP circuits : so the Panigale power delivery is certainly intimidating...
If the Panigale was slower than the 2005 GSX then the 2005 GSX would be faster than a GP machine which has 60 more HP...which to me seems unlikely...
As Domenicali says "Then add talent and training"

If you trick in an equivalent way a GSX1000 and a GSX750, many ordinary riders will be quicker on the 750 on a small circuit, essentially due to a less frightening power delivery.
A Panigale S in stock trim except with a race exhaust is within 2,1 sec of the GP21 Ducati on the Jerez circuit, one of the best GP circuits : so the Panigale power delivery is certainly intimidating...
If the Panigale was slower than the 2005 GSX then the 2005 GSX would be faster than a GP machine which has 60 more HP...which to me seems unlikely...
As Domenicali says "Then add talent and training"
Obviously but now you're making things even more confusing. I was just giving an example on that day on that track. A larger track with longer straights is where the newer bikes with more peak power shine. A smaller track they can't use all that power and don't have it in the lower RPM range. Just because it's 2-seconds faster on one track, doesn't mean it's x-faster on every track.

Not trying to make things more confusing but I had a Panigale 1299s and now have a Streetfighter V4s.

When I got my Gen1 everybody talked about how unmanageable/intimidating they were but it's really about can you control your throttle hand, and if not, then you need to use the electronics (which are FANTASTIC on the Duc).

I sold my Gen 1 a couple years ago and I'm intrigued with the Gen3 but not ready to pull the trigger until I can sit on and/or ride one.

I personally don't know how much more they can go with performance in motorcycles they give to the general public. Lots of people (many on here) modify their bikes to the extreme but for everyday riding, how much of that power can one really use??

If there had never been a limit placed on bikes, where would an open street dominance war end up I wonder??
They can stick a supercharger on like the H2 then we can all go and buy one!

Yes the news is Suzuki is undoubtedly one big disappointment Suzuki lost their way they built a bike for the novice riders and hoping they will sell a lot of them so in my opinion Suzuki has made a BIG MISTAKE! I think they will sell a lot of them initially, but then it will die out and disappear.

Yes the news is Suzuki is undoubtedly one big disappointment Suzuki lost their way they built a bike for the novice riders and hoping they will sell a lot of them so in my opinion Suzuki has made a BIG MISTAKE! I think they will sell a lot of them initially, but then it will die out and disappear.
Well, it's still a Hayabusa and not exactly a beginner's bike...it may not be stomping the competition but it is still a powerful bike.

I think they'll sell pretty much all of them..

Take a look at how many new old stock Hayabusas were still sitting around the dealerships each year...

Not trying to make things more confusing but I had a Panigale 1299s and now have a Streetfighter V4s.

When I got my Gen1 everybody talked about how unmanageable/intimidating they were but it's really about can you control your throttle hand, and if not, then you need to use the electronics (which are FANTASTIC on the Duc).

I sold my Gen 1 a couple years ago and I'm intrigued with the Gen3 but not ready to pull the trigger until I can sit on and/or ride one.

They can stick a supercharger on like the H2 then we can all go and buy one!
Done 15k miles on a h2sx.
A supercharger is No substitute for cubes.
From stock, a lot weaker low down than a 14 and busa and nothing in it higher up.
Don't care what the graphs and stats say.
Superchargers are a gimmick in the real world at ordinary speeds.

Done 15k miles on a h2sx.
A supercharger is No substitute for cubes.
From stock, a lot weaker low down than a 14 and busa and nothing in it higher up.
Don't care what the graphs and stats say.
Superchargers are a gimmick in the real world at ordinary speeds.
A supercharger on 1340cc though... imagine that... it’d be like something to get excited about after a 14 year wait wouldn’t it!!!!!

You can already do it yourself for cheaper.

Would you or many others buy a $30k+

A supercharger on 1340cc though... imagine that... it’d be like something to get excited about after a 14 year wait wouldn’t it!!!!!
It would have been great.
I am soooo...disappointed.
I mean, ffs.. 14 years and just a rehashed gen 2.
Absolutely gutted.
Even a 600 is as quick.
And the litres.. Well fcuk me, they are going to be flying past,laughing.
Shame on you Suzuki.
Yours in disgust.

My new Gen3 arriving end of March

Absolutely gutted.
Even a 600 is as quick.
Shame on you Suzuki.
Yours in disgust.

What a crack up! I hate it I hate it I hate it....I’m buying one. :laugh:

Absolutely gutted.
Even a 600 is as quick.
Shame on you Suzuki.
Yours in disgust.

Hurry up and get it so you can post some info, we don't get ours stateside until probably June at the earliest... :(

We know (official announcement) that the IMU in gen3, is Bosch. A Taiwanese site is giving the ABS as Bosch (in Chinese) [ 重車檔案 2021 HAYABUSA 隼 ]. We also know that the most recent ECU by Bosch are locked [ New 2020/2021 BMW/MINI Models Not Tuneable | Locked Bosch ECU - MANHART Performance ] due to (probably) requirement that people do not override the Euro5 regulations as well as possibly "requirements for autonomous (or semi-autonomous such as the adaptative radar rumored to be coming to the new version of the HS2X) driving". This change (June 2020) has been very low key at Bosch and not announced officially.
Does anyone has information on the ECU brand in the gen3 ?

Back