Gen2 Penske 8975 shock photos / Info

c10

Registered
It arrived today . Beautiful craftsman ship by Penske Racing Shocks . In the box was full owners manual with parts break down . Set up along with a Dyno sheet of this actual shock . Weight 4 pounds 5 ounces . In the video it is mentioned the compression adjustment is difficult to access . Surprised it is not for me, and quiet easy to reach . I'll be getting some photos up in a bit , and more tomorrow . First ride is set for New Years day with friends of about 200 to 300 miles . Will give a ride report after that .
Of course the new shock received some titanium mounting bolts from Race Ti in the UK .

DSC_0902.JPG

DSC_0903.JPG

DSC_0904.JPG

DSC_0891.JPG

DSC_0894.JPG

Is that the triple adjustable?
Dual , but can be upgrade with the remote to have high speed comp / damping .
The only option I chose was ride height of + 6mm or - 6mm of stock height shock .
Six its a Short spring for my light ass . I counted the adjustments , and wrote them down . Going to try it how it is out of the box besides checking sag . Andrew i'll be ordering dog bone bolts in Titanium soon . I know they are M12 , and their length . Do you know the pitch ? 1.5 pitch ?

The only option I chose was ride height of + 6mm or - 6mm of stock height shock .
Six its a Short spring for my light ass . I counted the adjustments , and wrote them down . Going to try it how it is out of the box besides checking sag . Andrew i'll be ordering dog bone bolts in Titanium soon . I know they are M12 , and their length . Do you know the pitch ? 1.5 pitch ?
I'll check for you bro , I got 1.25mm pitch on the 2 dog bone bolts from the SAE Outlaw inc. kit , but got lighter ones sourced through UK , and tapered socket even and still lighter ?? , haha , think from race ti in different pitch on my L2 , but forgotton pitch etc because so long ago . DME have the bolts available to buy seperately , now is that a light weight aftermarket pivot like DME / Schnitz sell ? that allows you to lower the bike more effectively , or from some other place and lightweight type ?

Think that
Looks like the one that is adjustable 28 clicks forget how much for rebound. Very nice choice it is beautiful Bryan.

I'll check for you bro , I got 1.25mm pitch on the 2 dog bone bolts from the SAE Outlaw inc. kit , but got lighter ones sourced through UK , and tapered socket even and still lighter ?? , haha , think from race ti in different pitch on my L2 , but forgotton pitch etc because so long ago . DME have the bolts available to buy seperately , now is that a light weight aftermarket pivot like DME / Schnitz sell ? that allows you to lower the bike more effectively , or from some other place and lightweight type ?
If you guys are interested in parts from sae outlaw let me know. They have been reaching out to my partner and I to do some custom turbo headers for them so I can always try to leverage them a little on pricing. We have been pretty busy so haven’t really sat down with them but if it will help a fellow oRg member I’m all in lol

If you guys are interested in parts from sae outlaw let me know. They have been reaching out to my partner and I to do some custom turbo headers for them so I can always try to leverage them a little on pricing. We have been pretty busy so haven’t really sat down with them but if it will help a fellow oRg member I’m all in lol
Sounds good Steve , I will remember your excellent offer of assistance bro . I probably want at least another swingarm axle , I would like to test DME though for possible weight advantage , for the rest of kit , but a way down the track for now , as for next Busa . Like someone mentioned in another thread , only a couple of years ago , there was difficulty to next to impossible to source ready packaged kits of titanium engine long bolts etc. , to buy . That's why my L2 has different , ti bolts in places fitted early in the build , thankfully she is now , full ti finished .

so please refresh my memory
did you still go with the Drag Shock? I seem to recall there was not as much difference to a "regular shock" as I originally thought
Looks fabulous. I always wanted Penske's on the rex. But they did not make them. The rep did offer to make me a set of one off customs because he liked the bike too But the price was just out of sight
A suspension up grade is definitely in my future plans for the Busa

Back