Gen2 HID install

For those of you that have put HID's on your GenII busa, do you all remember if there was enough room to change the turn signal assemblies (lenses) out? I got a set of smoked lenses and wondering if changing them could be done by just taking the windshield and instrument panel off.

Can I get some advice? I installed my HIDs last night and I'm getting a glare that looks like a wave pattern on my low beam. Does is matter is the bulb is upside down like on this pic? The pics is sideways but I'm talking about the blue filament is sitting on 12 o'clock, should that be on 6 o'clock position to prevent the glaring?

bulb.jpg

Can I get some advice? I installed my HIDs last night and I'm getting a glare that looks like a wave pattern on my low beam. Does is matter is the bulb is upside down like on this pic? The pics is sideways but I'm talking about the blue filament is sitting on 12 o'clock, should that be on 6 o'clock position to prevent the glaring?

I am glad you posted this question. I had mine installed at 12 o'clock as well, when I rotated it down to 6, it fit much better.

Thanks

I was checking the autolumination site and there are many colors of the 194 bulb available, does anyone have an opinion on the amber color on a white/gold 2011 buss?

i installed ddms 35w 6000k low beam and 55w 8000k high beam... very impressed. cars flash me 1/2 mile away now to turn off my hibeam:laugh:

Anyone have any feedback on the 35w vs 55w? I didn't want to order 55w if anyone has had any issues with heat. I do a lot of night riding on roads that have critters on them so would definitely prefer more light if possible.

Anyone have any feedback on the 35w vs 55w? I didn't want to order 55w if anyone has had any issues with heat. I do a lot of night riding on roads that have critters on them so would definitely prefer more light if possible.

Don't really need them and yes sometimes the 55w mess with your clock/gauges.

I installed a 35w 8K low beam then upgraded to a 55w 10k low beam...honestly it is considerably brighter (I have a tinted headlight so I need the most possible light as possible). My housing does get hot to touch but hasn't melted, fried, discolored or anything and I've had the bike on for almost an hour when running dyno pulls and tuning...

Make sure you aim it correctly if you get the 55w at first it was too low so it seemed like I was wasn't getting enough light then I aimed it too high where people would almost run into me being blinded...aiming correctly is the key to maximum visibility

thanks for the great write up.. will def. come in handy when I install my HID's. I ordered a Xentex kit from ebay for $35 and the seller is sending me a H7 and a H( bulb with slim ballast. I've used Xentec kits and they are pretty good and reliable, atleast in my experience as I'm running 2 sets on my 2007 camry SE. I will post some pics. of my bike and the HID's once I get around to installing them.

I dont know if I mentioned this but to save some headaches I will do it again. I had to reqeust a H7 bulb adapter/spacer for my setup. When I received the kits I put it all together and had to mickeymouse the low beam bulb to hold it in place, there was just not enough bulb housing to use the bikes metal clip to hold the bulb in place. Well after I put it all back together I thought about calling the vendor and to my surprise he told me about the adapter. needless to say the following weekend I had to tear it all back down and fit in the adapter.

hi all! New to the board and had a question about the HID's, specifically if anyone is running a 3000k low (yellow) and a 4-5000k high (close to natural white) beam? I've seen a couple of comments around that having the yellow low beam attracts the eyes of other drivers better.

Thanks!

Back