Gen2 Bursig stand

Been hanging around for a while and finally registered to post my first question :)
I'm too lightweight to lift my busa on a regular paddock stand so I bought a Bursig. Love the quality and workmanship of it! But I am missing the torque setting for the rear engine mount. Anybody know the correct number for a L1?

Been hanging around for a while and finally registered to post my first question :)
I'm too lightweight to lift my busa on a regular paddock stand so I bought a Bursig. Love the quality and workmanship of it! But I am missing the torque setting for the rear engine mount. Anybody know the correct number for a L1?

Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles | All of the Suzuki GSX-R service manuals you can find here are free download: Suzuki GSX-R 600, Suzuki GSX-R 750, Suzuki GSX-R 1000, Suzuki GSX-R 1100, Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa, Suzuki GSX-R 400 and Suz

The manual will give you a list of torque specs.
99-07 Busa will all have the same.

I ordered one last week. A little expensive, but looks a lot easier to lift my busa than my other stands. They must be sellin good because when I ordered one they were out of stock, mine should be in sometime next week. I should have ordered one sooner.:banghead:

Has anyone else got a Bursig?

Yea I have one. Expensive but it works really nice moving the bike any which way I want. I got mine for that reason as well as giving the suspension a break during the winter time. I pretty much forgot the cost at this point but keep it in mind when I am not home and don't want it stolen......

The paralell threaded rod adjusts the heighth of the front vs. rear of the bike. You can have the bike level, or the front or rear higher than the other.
Top right is the fixed pin that fits into the sleeve on the bike.
The large bolt head in the center is what bolts the Busa plate(or whatever bike you have)to the stand itself.
The lower left pin is what is adjusted by nut on the back, to make for perfect aligment of the two pins into the bike.

Correction:
I never realized I missed this originally.
You cannot adjust the height of the front vs. rear of the bike.
The threaded rod adjusts the angle of the plate so that it will slide perfectly into the bike.
If the threaded rod was not there, you could not get the plate 100% squared up with the bike mount and stand itself.
It is simply a nesacery mounting adjustment, nothing more.
My apologies for the confusion, but it still changes nothing about the quality of the stand.

Correction:
I never realized I missed this originally.
You cannot adjust the height of the front vs. rear of the bike.
The threaded rod adjusts the angle of the plate so that it will slide perfectly into the bike.
If the threaded rod was not there, you could not get the plate 100% squared up with the bike mount and stand itself.
It is simply a nesacery mounting adjustment, nothing more.
My apologies for the confusion, but it still changes nothing about the quality of the stand.

I thought the same thing when I first purchased my Bursig stand. I adjust my stand with the adjusting rod so that the rear is 3 inches higher than the front, this makes it easier to clean and service the rear tire and chain. I can adjust it to make the bike level or the rear or front higher. When mounting the stand to the bike, the lifting lever has to be in the full up position I hold the bike with my left hand and lift the stand into the mounting holes in the frame and lift the bike. It's hard to do this at first but with practice it gets a little easier. Now I park the bike on my front wheel stand and don't have to worry about holding the bike up while I insert the stand in the frame. Adjusting the stand is on the video on their web site.

I know this thread is old as hell, but I've had my Bursig stand for about 3 days and I'm already about half ready to dumpster the thing.

I'm assuming your plate just came properly configured, so you may or may not know how to answer this question but I'm going to ask anyway...

So now I'm aware that the horizontal pin near the top of the adapter bracket is supposed to adjust the angle of the plate. Well, mine does nothing. Absolutely nothing. And I'm guessing it's because the damn main bolt is so tight that it can't tilt. Consequently, because my plate isn't configured correctly and I can't tilt the adapter plate, it can't fit into my frame to lift the bike. No amount of force will make the stupid bolt turn even in the slightest, and my grip breaks before the bolt even ponders moving.

So with that said, if you've ever had to adjust it, how'd you manage to do so? Did you just sledgehammer the whole plate? Or have you discovered some other method of adjusting it?

The main bolt shouldn't be that tight- adjustment isn't supposed to be that hard. Have you called Bursig to speak with them yet?

They don't come set up.
Yes, you have to adjust it to fit.
I'll have to look at mine later.
I have an idea of what your problem is, but not sure without looking at my stand in person.

I have indeed reached out to Bursig and they're going to be getting me a replacement stand out. I had a few other issues with my stand as well, but I won't harp on them too much here. Bursig has been excellent about getting this handled.

To drive the point home here, after straining my wrist which is sore even now, I halfway stood on top of my wrench... as in partially balanced on a table and actually lifted myself BOTH FEET OFF THE GROUND with one foot STANDING on the wrench (and I ain't no feather)... trying to get that bolt to move, and it didn't budge. To my credit I only came up with that dumb idea after getting frustrated and having a few :alcoholic:This was after trying to tap it with a hammer a bit to break it free in case it had seized up a bit. Absolutely nothing worked. Also, completely removing the adjustment bolt did nothing to effect the stand. Maybe if I had a buddy handy we could have held hands and both stood on the wrench, but my weight wasn't good enough to get even 1/8th of a turn out of it.

But given the other issues I had and the fact that my plate looks like it could very well be the wrong adapter plate anyway, we're just gonna fliparoo exchange the thing and give it another go. By all means though if you're willing to explain how the adjusting is supposed to work I'm still interested. For my replacement I asked if the plate could be shipped without being pre-configured like this one supposedly was so that I can just install it myself and adjust as necessary; but I'd like to know I didn't miss some simple point trying to get the thing off.

RevZilla was one of the better bets I found. You an also order from Bursig directly. There is however one website that has em a bit cheaper, but I forgot the name of it.

I left everything loose and snugged it up after mounted to the bike with pressure on the lift handle. Duplicating the finished mounting points. Havnt had any issues. I can easily pull in put it on the kickstand, one hand it upright and slide the Bursig right in. Was your bracket marked 08+ Hayabusa in perm. marker? Sorry for the struggles, but don't give up, these things are worth their weight in gold.

Back