gen1/gen2 interchanging parts

I just checked OEM part numbers from a 2000 gen 1 to a 2011 Gen 2 on parts look up online and they are the same part number!! Go figure! Do the research your self to make 100% sure!

OEM Parts

It would be nice to compile a list of all interchangeable parts and pin the thread.
Factory and aftermarket. There are alot of parts that fit both gens that aren't listed as being able too(levers for example).

So why hasn't somebody started 1 yet????

The idea has been kicked around in the past, but never turned into anything.
Here's your chance...Start a thread!
We can all contribute and eventually turn it into an organized list.
Then get the moderators put it into a new thread to be pinned.

Can we get some support on this org? Captain?
It would be beneficial to alot of people.
Thanks.

Same engine block.

Both Clutch Cover and Stator Cover are no change from 99-12.

The idea has been kicked around in the past, but never turned into anything.
Here's your chance...Start a thread!
We can all contribute and eventually turn it into an organized list.
Then get the moderators put it into a new thread to be pinned.

Can we get some support on this org? Captain?
It would be beneficial to alot of people.
Thanks.

Im still getting my feet wet in this forum, I'll follow and you lead on this 1. Let me know whatever I can do to help

Tried that before, it faded into obscurity...

I wonder why that happened? Every other thread someone is mentioning or asking if this part fits a Gen1 or is compatible off a Gen2. I would be soo much more easier to go to a thread and there is a list of parts that have been proven to fit. It would definitely give my eyes a rest from burning through all these threads and also keep people from threadjacking asking if this can go with that off topic:banghead: we could just say refer to this thread

I wonder why that happened? Every other thread someone is mentioning or asking if this part fits a Gen1 or is compatible off a Gen2. I would be soo much more easier to go to a thread and there is a list of parts that have been proven to fit. It would definitely give my eyes a rest from burning through all these threads and also keep people from threadjacking asking if this can go with that off topic:banghead: we could just say refer to this thread

Yep, I believe I even suggested it being tacked (I didn't reread the thread I posted, I just posted the link.) but it only got 3 replies then people lost interest.

Back
Top Bottom