Gen II motor in Gen I???

SteveNM

Registered
I checked in the search but could not find any answers. Does anybody know if a gen2 motor would fit in a gen1 frame? I just went to the 1/4 mile Saturday and got bet by a gen2. Ever since the gen2 came out i was very happy with the motor and transmission. And i don't want to sell my 05 and start all from scratch again. Especially now with the turbo upgrade coming i want to see if i could kill 2 flys with one stroke.

Thankful for any input!!!

Steve

Not an expert, but yes. You'll probably need a few things like the ECU for example. Not sure I understood the post, but if you put a snell shell on the Gen I you will have compensated enough :laugh:

Not an expert, but yes. You'll probably need a few things like the ECU for example. Not sure I understood the post, but if you put a snell shell on the Gen I you will have compensated enough :laugh:

Yes a turbo will help but i also love the new transmission. If i can change it i would change the whole thing including ecu and even the new display.

Just dont want to sell mine.

Steve

0413091826b.jpg

You can have the tranny undercut, and basically have the Gen II tranny. Some one with a lot more knowledge might pipe in. To do that you have to go into the motor. So you might want to do some work inside to compliment that turbo.

What type of turbo set up are you looking at?

In the pool with BA BUSA for the rcc special. Maybe if the gen2 dont fit then i probably go with stage2 and some motor and tranny work.

Steve

For the stage two I think you're talking some new internals, so while the motor work is being done just have them go through the tranny, second gear will definitely need to be undercut. You need to look at the output shaft and clutch as well....

What were the times between you in an the 08??? Just wondering i know the 08 are faster an have more ponies but drag racing has a lot to do with skill an techniques to shave time off the clock..

Not saying anything just wondering if you are getting the most out of her as it is???

Motor is pretty much the same on the outside as first gen..You will need,complete motor kit harness ecm,tb's/airbox gauges ect..

to me it would be costly..Sell your bike and just go get a gen-2!!

Getting beat by a gen 2 or any other bike is all up to the rider and bike setup!!:laugh:

I am no expert but, I recall reading that stuffing a Gen II in a Gen one Chassis requires the the full wiring harness the ECU along with some other bits and some fabrication.

yes a gen 2 will fit in a gen 1 with a bit of work...but why if you plan to turbo it?

stage 2 does not require anything...the amount of boost you run will determine what you need motor wise.

You can run a stage 2 at 6 psi on a stock motor...pure bolt on.

because if compression...if you bolt a turbo on a gen 2 you will need to open the motor.

Add a 2MM crank and light port work and you have almost the same motor, minus the dual injectors..

Gen2 engine will fit, but if you want to do turbo or NOS...you will need to swap out the Ti valves...I think with the $$$ of the Gen2 engine, you will be better off just building up your Gen1 engine :thumbsup:

Gen2 engine will fit, but if you want to do turbo or NOS...you will need to swap out the Ti valves...I think with the $$$ of the Gen2 engine, you will be better off just building up your Gen1 engine :thumbsup:

no one swaps out the ti valves on the gixxers when they turbo them....same stuff...higher compression even when lowered normally

Thanks for all the input!!!! I guess i have to run the numbers. See if anyone wants mine.
Thanks guys

Steve

If you have a perfectly good running machine, why sell it. Just put money in the upgrade of yours. I look at it like this. You can spend crazy $$$ on performance but there is always someone who has just that much more money than you and bike will be faster. Get the upgrades and then run that guy again to see how she runs then. :whistle:

Back