Gen I saddlebag solution

Jdesorme

Registered
Looking to find a saddlebag(s) for my bike that can do the following:

1. Hold a laptop and files for work
2. Not damage paint (no touch)
3. Lock so I can leave my jacket in it while at work (swap out textile for sport coat)

I thought ventura has an offering but I'm only finding a large rear bag and I only want saddlebags and keep the seat hump installed

My Nelson Riggs softbags meet all the criteria except for locking, but in a matter of seconds you carry them with you. Something to ponder.

I had a trunk on the back of my Hayabusa for a month. It attached on top where the passenger seat was at. The grab bar had to be removed to use the trunk. It was big enough to store my gym bag or hold my lunch bag. The trunk wasn't very durable and lock fell apart.

Why not just get hard cases and be done? This is a pricey solution, but solves all your criteria.

I carry a laptop whenever I travel (30 days of the year are spent on the road riding) & use a mini-laptap & book drive. If you don't want the bags to touch the paint, a simple solution is sportbike tape. It comes in 4" wide rolls and is a clear tape the easily peels off. First thing I did when I got the new busa, I use a magnetic tankbag, but it doesn't touch the paint with the clear tape on tank. Simple solution until I can get a Bagster tank cover.

As for Locking, never heard of that one, could just use a small lock for the double zippers? Add a Bike Cover when traveling & done?

Yes, that's frost!
DSC08433.jpg

DSC08433.jpg

Great idea on the tape. Have not seen it but will go look for some. If I go soft bags, what fits the best?

Anyone have experience with the Ventura system/saddlebags?

For hard bag, I've seen the corbin beetle bags - are they the best bet?

Why not just get hard cases and be done? This is a pricey solution, but solves all your criteria.

I carry a laptop whenever I travel (30 days of the year are spent on the road riding) & use a mini-laptap & book drive. If you don't want the bags to touch the paint, a simple solution is sportbike tape. It comes in 4" wide rolls and is a clear tape the easily peels off. First thing I did when I got the new busa, I use a magnetic tankbag, but it doesn't touch the paint with the clear tape on tank. Simple solution until I can get a Bagster tank cover.

As for Locking, never heard of that one, could just use a small lock for the double zippers? Add a Bike Cover when traveling & done?

Yes, that's frost!
View attachment 232413

Who do you purchase the tape from if you dont mind me asking. That's a great idea for the tank bag

So I see corbin offers a smuggler trunk. Anyone used it? Better yet anyone know of a used one to avoid the way too proud price of 800?

Too many choices

Looking at them now - which version do you have? How so they attach so they don't touch the paint/plastic?

They have a very soft cover that goes between the bags and paint. Used them on many plus 1000 mile runs with passenger. No issues. Four clicks and they're on or off.

Back