Gen 3

jason erbeck

Registered
Cold start issues on gen3 Hayabusa. 2022 bike is stock except air filter, velocity stacks and Dyno tune by bt moto. Bike has run great for 5000 miles but suddenly it runs super rich on cold start. Problem is intermittent and clears out fairly quickly. Changed map sensor and seemed better for a month or so. But it happened again. I have carefully checked all the common suspect but to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I noticed this is your first post...welcome...

There is an entire thread on the hot start issue...maybe the two are linked somehow...

Cold start issues on gen3 Hayabusa. 2022 bike is stock except air filter, velocity stacks and Dyno tune by bt moto. Bike has run great for 5000 miles but suddenly it runs super rich on cold start. Problem is intermittent and clears out fairly quickly. Changed map sensor and seemed better for a month or so. But it happened again. I have carefully checked all the common suspect but to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated .

Cold start issues on gen3 Hayabusa. 2022 bike is stock except air filter, velocity stacks and Dyno tune by bt moto. Bike has run great for 5000 miles but suddenly it runs super rich on cold start. Problem is intermittent and clears out fairly quickly. Changed map sensor and seemed better for a month or so. But it happened again. I have carefully checked all the common suspect but to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated. The bike has 7000 miles on it and was tuned at 600 miles. It has never had a trouble code which seems weird because it runs terrible for a short time. Hopefully someone out there has had a similar problem getting desperate. No one in northeast seems to know much about the gen 3. This forum is new to me so thanks in advance.

The problem does not happen to align with a particular fuel station?
I was wondering this myself more about the ethanol content it seems to happen on wet cold days as I live in New England. I just started to add iso- heet additive. Maybe it is sensitive to water once it warms up a bit it runs perfect,never pings and has good power. Wondering if the water settles to the bottom. Thanks for the input

FYI
Suzuki still uses their stupid clutch switch design.
Where the a/f map changes from neutral, to a particular gear every time the clutch engages/disengages.
If you disconnect the clutch switch, then the bike stays in the Neutral map.
The way to defeat a faulty switch(other than replace it), or if you just want the clutch safety gone, then a relay needs added inline with the clutch switch.
The relay will trick the ecu into thinking that the maps are correctly switching between neutral and gears.
I have done this before, and am about to again, as I put an ASV clutch perch on my Gsxr1k.
I am also not saying that this is the problem.
However, I am just putting the info here in case the problem persists, so that the clutch switch can be tested, and eliminated as the problem, or that it unlikely, but possibly, could be contributing to the problem.

1702358830034.jpeg

Just changed plugs again and checked the cats. Getting ready to put stock map back in it. Very frustrating. Thanks for the help

There is a big heads up here for us riders who are not expert mechanics or are racing our bikes, leave the engine alone! No need to spend thousands trying to eek out a few more HP, just enjoy trouble free riding instead. Anything needing a dyno is a roll of the dice as far as future problems go.

Back