Gen 3 Quickshifter

Seems its both
Screenshot_20210424_111845.jpg

Took me a while to get used to my quick shifter in race situations.
For many, many races, I'd pull in the clutch to shift - by habit - even though I had a quick shifter.
Happen to anyone else?

First for me as well on my gen 3 looking forward to trying it out even some of the guys reviewing it forget to use it lol

Took me a while to get used to my quick shifter in race situations.
For many, many races, I'd pull in the clutch to shift - by habit - even though I had a quick shifter.
Happen to anyone else?
I don't get into race situations but have adapted quickly to using the quick shifter...I use the clutch when I'm keeping the revs low as I find the quick shifter reacts better to higher rpms.

My L7 GSXR has the oem bi directional quick shifter and it’s been recalled 3 times for being a POS. Rough as guts changes, doesn’t always select gear or doesn’t work in setting 1 or 2.

Be interesting to see if this unit is the same.

Last edited:
I’ve mostly only used level 1 of the QS. It seems to work best when accelerating, for the downshifts the lever is just difficult to push down most of the time so I just use the clutch.

I’ve mostly only used level 1 of the QS. It seems to work best when accelerating, for the downshifts the lever is just difficult to push down most of the time so I just use the clutch.
Does it autoblip when you downshift? It must. If it's not blipping, I wouldn't do clutchless downshifts.

Back