Gen 2_gen 1 Q?

01LANDROCKET

Registered
Can a gen 2 motor be swapped into the gen 1 bike.

I am sure all wiring would have to be swapped and the exhaust would be diff but is it possible without fabrication???

I'm sure it could, anything can be made to fit anywhere if you have enough time and money, but why? Just put an 08+ crank in yours and get the head done.

Last edited:
you may have seen in my other post that it may be more cost effective for me to just swap engines rather than funk with this one.

I know a guy with an 06 laying in his garage but if I could get a gen 2 motor in there, WOW!

The GEN2 is Not all about the Motor it's about the Bike. Brakes, Suspension, Handling, Shifting ETC. Save your $$$ and get a GEN-2. You will Not Regret it :thumbsup:

you may have seen in my other post that it may be more cost effective for me to just swap engines rather than funk with this one.

I know a guy with an 06 laying in his garage but if I could get a gen 2 motor in there, WOW!
Only major differences between them are a better flowing head and stroker crank. If you have access to a gen 2 motor for cheap then it would be worth it I guess, but they ain't cheap!

Back