gen 2 will not start

deano11

Registered
i need help....been trying to figure out whats wrong why my bike wont start. i removed the plastics to paint them and when i put them back on the gauges dont sweep when i switch it on or the clock doesnt come on or the gear position doesnt light up.I checked all fuses and none are blowed. I unhooked battery for 10min,i checked the wire behind gauges,and if i spray starting fluid in it,it starts up and goes dead...

Blown . Somehow you have left something unplugged or you have a BLOWN FUSE . Did you check every fuse with a meter or test light ?

Your not using a 1000 harness on this Busa are you ?

Check the left side under the fairing up near the nose for a loose connection or blown fuze. Also check the ecu plugs and all those plugs near the ecu

did you plug the tank back in? you said starting fluid would make it fire so its getting spark at least and cranking. its a fuel pump issue. fuse, relay, or just not plugged in right

I guess no one else caught he was previously trying to use a GSXR 1000 harness on this Busa .

I guess no one else caught he was previously trying to use a GSXR 1000 harness on this Busa .

Yes you are correct, i did not see his other post,

I say some one needs to back the the drawing board

Post your location.
Maybe someone close to you has a gen2. They could try your ecu in their bike to tell if it's the problem(a bad ecu won't harm an otherwise good bike).
I would do that before buying an ecu, as they are very expensive, and it's still possible you have a simple problem.
If it turns out that the ecu is bad, I would triple check everything before putting a good ecu in your bike, as you don't want to fry another one.

Did you disconnect the ecu before you had this problem, or when you disassembled the bike?
If the ecu was previously untouched, it's very unlikely that it suddenly went bad, and the fuses should have protected it otherwise.

Check to see if you have any codes present.
I have seen a bad ecu throw several different codes, no codes, and them randomly another...none of which were the issue.
A hint that the bike's brain was indeed fried.

Back