Gen 2 seat on Gen 1 Busa

Haley246

Registered
Good morning, I started a Gen 2 rear conversion on my 2000 Busa, but got sick and I am just now starting back. I tried searching to see if this has been covered, but don't know what I am doing or it isn't there. I have the Gen 2 subframe and seats but don't know what I am doing. Can anyone point me in the right direction that will show me where how to mount? Thank you very much.

DSCN0433.JPG

Good morning, I started a Gen 2 rear conversion on my 2000 Busa, but got sick and I am just now starting back. I tried searching to see if this has been covered, but don't know what I am doing or it isn't there. I have the Gen 2 subframe and seats but don't know what I am doing. Can anyone point me in the right direction that will show me where how to mount? Thank you very much.

View attachment 1625007
Twist clockwise. It just screws in to the frame and the unthreaded part holds the seat in place.

I believe Gen 1 seats could be made to fit the 2 but don't think it works the other way but not 100 percent sure. I do know Gen 1 the bolt sides thru the frame and screws onto the seat. On the Gen 2 the frame is threaded and the unthreaded part holds the seat in place. Now I'm sure there's a way but I would think a gen1 seat would be easier to install if it goes with the lines of the Gen 2 tail.

OK Thomas...Matt and Dopey are right. The Gen II seat will tuck into the places on the Gen II subframe with the hooks on the bottom of the seat.
As the boys mentioned there are no threads in holes in your Gen I frame.
The Gen I seat has threads on hardware attached to the seat bottom.
This hardware (see below) needs to be attached to the bottom of your Gen II seat. Thats option 1. Option 2 is to thread the existing holes in your Gen I frame and hope the holes line up. When you stick something like a thin screwdriver or bolt thru the frame hole,does it line up with the holes in the seat?
So those are our options Bro. Your choice. Thread the frame or attach the hardware in the area shown. If you want the hardware in the mail,let me know.
If you need a hand idea wise on how to line it up,just holla,I've got an' idea.
Rubb.

seat h.jpg

seat 2.jpg

Thank so much everyone. I will try tomorrow when get to feeling better. Really appreciate all of you. Thomas

Rubb are yours threaded or push pin? These are the seat bolts I have so I have to have threads. I checked and my seat holes will line up with my seat , so if I knew what size the threads are I could try to put threads in the frame. Rubb if I get some like you have will they give me +100 h/p? lol... Thanks all

DSCN0448.JPG

Rubb are yours threaded or push pin? These are the seat bolts I have so I have to have threads. I checked and my seat holes will line up with my seat , so if I knew what size the threads are I could try to put threads in the frame. Rubb if I get some like you have will they give me +100 h/p? lol... Thanks all

View attachment 1625115
Guaranteed .000000000000001 performance upgrade.
Mine are threaded (Gen II) Your frame hole are not.
Somebody,if I don't get to it first,I'm sure will measure a bolt and tell you what tap you need.
If you want to save yourself the hassle lets go with @Mathewrussell52 idea and order them from Amazon. They look cool and the Busa seat comes off a lot at times...plus they look cool, come in blue to match yer ride. Maybe he (Matt) can tell us what length to order.
If you want those,I will take the money from your Paypal donation fund,order them up and have them shipped directly to you.
Your choice.
Rubb.

Guaranteed .000000000000001 performance upgrade.
Mine are threaded (Gen II) Your frame hole are not.
Somebody,if I don't get to it first,I'm sure will measure a bolt and tell you what tap you need.
If you want to save yourself the hassle lets go with @Mathewrussell52 idea and order them from Amazon. They look cool and the Busa seat comes off a lot at times...plus they look cool, come in blue to match yer ride. Maybe he (Matt) can tell us what length to order.
If you want those,I will take the money from your Paypal donation fund,order them up and have them shipped directly to you.
Your choice.
Rubb.
Let me see if I can tap and make it work. I am kinda disappointed in the non-performance upgrade lol, but then again my speedometer has 220 mph on it so it must be 35-40 mph faster than yours ( jk bro) thanks again to all of you guys Its a honor to be part of such a great group

any amazon ordering number available? or a direkt link ?

i tried to find at amazon by keywords "quick release pin" but no chance to find
Just for you Frank,'cause I love ya dear. :p
In your German to English dictionary you may want to to switch out dear(s) to Bro's,Dude's or Bastids...for your post's, just sayin'.:laugh:

Busa seat pins

Rubb.

@rubbersidedown

kanadian amazon - maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
i tried to find at british amazon .

thx a lot 4 this ,
i guess, the .25" dia, could fit into the thread and length of 1.25" ? might be enough
- hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
price with 29.42 cdn$ per piece sounds expensive only for testing
even the course is nice to us : 1 CAD = 0,6395 EUR ==> 18.50 € per piece
plus shipping to EU - damn expensive a bit, i guess

@rubbersidedown

thx a lot 4 this ,
i guess, the .25" dia, could fit into the thread and length of 1.25" ? might be enough
- hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Member @Mathewrussell52 said he just drilled his threads out.Guess that allowed a larger diameter pin.:thumbsup:
30$ OUCH.
Rubb.

@rubbersidedown

thx a lot 4 this ,
- hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

He asked for them on UK Amazon, so there it is....
Yer just full of fun stuff and sunshine this morning aren't ya. :D
Please,nobody ask Mr.Brown anything today...
Do so at your own risk. He's already got me doing this...
hide.gif

With my question. Love it.
Rubb.

Member @Mathewrussell52 said he just drilled his threads out.Guess that allowed a larger diameter pin.:thumbsup:
30$ OUCH.
Rubb.
Ones I bought were 5/16. Believe that’s thread size it’s not a perfect fix. I bought them to long believe 3.5in they will back out a little the perfect one would be 2 inches and the little balls that pop out would be one inch in. Haven’t looked that hard it works for me I did it so I can pull seat and pop tank quickly.

Back