GEN 2 Manual Fan Override

Jugghed

Registered
Hi all,

Can someone tell me the best way to tie in a toggle switch for a manual fan turn on? I have searched the forum but most threads give information for GEN 1. I have a few ideas on how I’m going to do it but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Never heard of anyone doing that to a genII. The reason you only found info on genI is because they run hot and people upgrade fans and do other things to help the issue. Good luck on your search. Someone will be along to give you some more info than me.

It's a turbo and it has an intercooler but sometimes in heavy traffic areas the temperature climbs more than I would like. I'm thinking if I can trigger the fans before I get into high traffic it would help. I generally try to stay out of high traffics areas but it would be a nice option.

I actually do have them turned down but sometimes it's not enough to keep the bike cool. (Turbo)
Maybe frank (powerhouse) has some good info for you on keeping it cool? Hell probably see this and chime in sooner than later.

Regular coolant or using engine ice as weell? Flush lately?

It has fresh engine ice in it. I did find out that my battery was bad. It was dropping to 11.5-12 volts when the fans were running. I upgraded the battery and now it’s performing as expected. I’m thinking that should keep the pumps and fans moving better. I’ll know when winter ends.

Thanks

Maybe frank (powerhouse) has some good info for you on keeping it cool? Hell probably see this and chime in sooner than later.

Thanks, I’m going to reach out to him if I still run into issues. I swapped out a bad battery that I think may have been part of the issue.

Thanks

Back