Gen 2 ignition and gas cap on gen 1...will it fit?????

JestersBusa

Registered
So a while back i decided to mod a GenII tail section on my GEN I and now i need a locking mechanism for the passenger seat, well the same guy that sold me the rear end said he would sell me the ignition, gas cap, locking mechanism and 1 key from his GENII but to be honest im not sure they fit on the GENI. anybody know anything else about this matter? any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

u should be able to use the cinlinder from your gen 1 on the gen 2 tail, and for your questions the ignition and gas cap are the same but i thing the cilinder brackets migh be a bit different... let me go to the garage really quick, i need coffe any how... five mins i give you and answer..

as for the gas cap, the gen 1 has a 7 bolts cover while the gen 3 has a 5 bolt cover, for the ingnition the manting poinst are teh same, the cilinder on the gen 2 is about 1/2 inch longer but looks the same, i wouldn't be surpised if the plug is different as every electrical connector is different between gen 1 and gen 2
Hope this help

Back