Gen 2 ECM flash

MaBusa214

Registered
Who is everyone using to flash their ECM? Also i bought the bike with the stock exhaust, but I want to swap it out for Black widow pipes and Yoshi R-77 cans. Do I need to swap the exhaust before I send the ECM off or can it be flashed prior to that?

Reactions: Zee
Depends what type of flash
Generally, mod first, then flash
Changing the exhaust config will alter AFR and you'd want your flash to reflect that change

[EDIT] IF you're sending the ECM out for a flash, then it's a 'basic' flash (non-AFR-related). You'll still owe the bike a flash-tune, however, due to those exhaust changes

Depends what type of flash
Generally, mod first, then flash
Changing the exhaust config will alter AFR and you'd want your flash to reflect that change

[EDIT] IF you're sending the ECM out for a flash, then it's a 'basic' flash (non-AFR-related). You'll still owe the bike a flash-tune, however, due to those exhaust changes
I concur..

The only way to get the bike where it really needs to be is mod, flash, tune...many times the flash and tune happen at the same time at a shop on a dyno.

I concur..

The only way to get the bike where it really needs to be is mod, flash, tune...many times the flash and tune happen at the same time at a shop on a dyno.
Would there be any negative effects on having it just flashed (mail in). I know that mail in flash just use a map from another bike.

Would there be any negative effects on having it just flashed (mail in). I know that mail in flash just use a map from another bike.
I don't think so as this happens all the time....with no ill effects...

Dialing it in on a dyno will get it where it really needs to be as far as AFR goes...this is hard to do via a courier..

Map, as in fueling map?
Mine was mail-flashed by a previous sponsor here (Powerhouse). The flasher did not modify the fuel mapping, but flipped some binary settings, such as disabling the O2, removing rev limit, etc.

While it is possible to borrow fuel maps, it is not as precise

Map, as in fueling map?
Mine was mail-flashed by a previous sponsor here (Powerhouse). The flasher did not modify the fuel mapping, but flipped some binary settings, such as disabling the O2, removing rev limit, etc.

While it is possible to borrow fuel maps, it is not as precise
Still learning the right terms but from what I saw on a video is that they take a tune from a bike they've done and put that 'tune' on the ecu that's mailed in with similar mods.

Still learning the right terms but from what I saw on a video is that they take a tune from a bike they've done and put that 'tune' on the ecu that's mailed in with similar mods.
I believe some companies will put a generic tune on it which is why the price is so high well that and a lot use woolich which seems to charge to lock your ecu with a "key". But when they do that is obviously just the same as a generic power commander map. My ecu flash was done by powerhouse as well and he didn't touch fueling just the timing retard,limiter,etc. It was definitely worth what he charged me since I just sent my buddy to a local guy and I'm not sure he touched the timing I think he just did the fan temp and limiter and charged as much as I paid but that's what he gets for being impatient. @MaBusa214 if your gonna change the complete exhaust is talk to whoever your having flash it and see what exactly they are gonna do so you know if your gonna need a power commander or of you'd be better just to setup a dyno run which would be the best option.

yes - if both bikes are same type (gen1 or2) and are modded/tuned 100% similar you can use the "given" mapping.
if not 100% similar you might be disappointed with the result.

but for that you need the spec. software and the interface for gen1 OR! gen2 (the interfaces differ)

yes - if both bikes are same type (gen1 or2) and are modded/tuned 100% similar you can use the "given" mapping.
if not 100% similar you might be disappointed with the result.

but for that you need the spec. software and the interface for gen1 OR! gen2 (the interfaces )
Hi. Even a dyno tune is only right on for the temperature, humidity and air density that it was tuned at. It will be better than no tune. That is why racers return right before they race.

Back