Gearbox Problem?

lectricblu

Registered
I have a new 06 and am still in the break in process (300 miles).  I have had numerous miss shifts from 5th to 6th.  None of these were during any type of aggressive riding.  When it happens, I am expecting to be somewhere around 4K, release the clutch and the tach flies up to about 9K.  It's just like a 1st to 2nd neutral shift.  If I let off the gas, sometimes it will drop in without doing anything else.  Other times, I have to actually pull in the clutch and go for 6th again.  You can actually hear the gears skipping when it happens.  Like I said, it is brand new and obviously under factory warranty so cost is not an issue.  I am just curious as to whether this is known issue with the Busa.  One of the things I have loved about Suzuki is their silky smooth gearboxes.  So this is very unusual to me.  Advice?

It's a typical problem that will happen between 4-5 and 5-6. My 05LE did the same thing, as did many bikes on this site (do a search and you'll see it's a common problem). It'll go away at about 900-1,100 miles.

New bike syndrome.

Wheher its the bike or the rider, the false neutral will go away in time.

Shift it with some umph!
wink.gif

My 06 did the same thing a couple of times before I hit the 1,000 mile mark. The shifting will get better with more miles.

Try adjusting the shift lever linkage to match your shoe size, and try getting a pair of riding boots.

I had the same issue. While mine has not completely gone away, you will learn to adjust your shifting to meet the needs of the bike. It is now better than it was in the past. I have about 5800 miles on mine now.

There is NOTHING wrong with the bike...YOU need to shift it harder or you will damage the transmission.
argue.gif

the cheese man had the best solution for fixing this... Stop shifting like a Pu55y..

Also adjust your shift lever. it'll help

What everyone else said!!!

Shift with some balls!

Welcome!
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

also adjust the shifter angle down.
i sometimes get a mised shift when not wearing the rideing boots

Back