Gas prices where you are!

COSTCO here in Colorado Springs at $1.99. The line was long. Have not seen this in a long long time. Filled all my vehicles up!

paid 2.13 to fill the truck yesterday. If it comes down a little more, I'll fill the boat. Ethanol free at the marina is expensive still.

1.95 for Regular unleaded today at the Shell in Clarksville, TN...gas tax here is $0.39/gal....

Cleveland, TN :thumbsup:

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

And I'm not here to spoil this because I love it as much as any of you do.

BUT, this would be a good time to increase or place a new tax on gas to start funding road, bridge,tunnel repairs/rebuilds/constructions. Say .15/Gal. Our country is in bad need of infrastructure makeover. Do this while these prices are here, and remove it when they return back to the ouch prices. 368,000,000 gal. per day X .15 = $55,200,000 per DAY in revenues. That is 55 with an M $ per day! Do that for 6 months. That will build some stuff!!!!!

The problem is, it would take 3 years to pass this tax bill.........................

Everybody needs to report their states gas tax too, as that effects the price you are paying.

Tom, The TN Gov is already talking about raising the gas tax. Since the tax is a per/gallon tax, the State is NOT out ANY revenue because the price has dropped. In addition, Do you think they will magically reduce the tax, when the price inevitably rises again? heck no. I am not for the government seeing me having more money in my pocket and trying to find another way to take it from me....

Everybody needs to report their states gas tax too, as that effects the price you are paying.

Do you think they will magically reduce the tax, when the price inevitably rises again? heck no. I am not for the government seeing me having more money in my pocket and trying to find another way to take it from me....

No of course I don't. Even though I posted that it should be temporary while prices are low, I think the whole notion is a pipe dream.

We do however need to do the IS repairs and that money will need to come from somewhere that it currently does not exist. The amount required, won't be easy to "shuffle" and skim the budgets of other programs. And I am not a supporter of floating more debt to make it happen.

I am not a supporter of a tax increase, just to spend it, but I do feel like taxes, when done for a purpose that is tangible should be raised or lowered. The last part is a pipe dream so that makes the first part as much of one.

But when our bridges can't support trucks or trains passing over them and the economy comes to a halt, that won't be the time to decide we need to fix it.

I don't recall where I saw it but I recently saw a piece on TV that discussed this one train bridge. It was the only bridge that allowed for train travel between large expanses of this part of the U.S. It is crumbling and wasn't a matter of repairs. It needed a complete replacement. It was like 100+ years old. If it failed. it would back up train transport in both directions across the country. Not a little delay, a massive one.

We can't build a bridge of this magnitude in a week. We need to have a replacement bridge started already as it would take years to complete it.

Not until they stop wasting what they are getting now. There is no such thing as a 'temporary' tax...

Back